Enclosure help for A. avic

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
Does this enclosure look ok for my A avic? Any help is greatly appreciated. This girl has had me worried. I have had her for a little over a month and haven't seen her web much at all. She has been eating fine. She is 4 1/2in.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This type of container is OK. I personally didn't like using them, however doesn't mean they cannot be used successfully.

What you have will work. Wouldn't worry about the lack of webbing as its eating. Can't tell in pic, make sure your sub isn't moist. Moist stuffy containers kill Avics, yes I saw the vent holes.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
This type of container is OK. I personally didn't like using them, however doesn't mean they cannot be used successfully.

What you have will work. Wouldn't worry about the lack of webbing as its eating. Can't tell in pic, make sure your sub isn't moist. Moist stuffy containers kill Avics, yes I saw the vent holes.
The sub is new and a little moist will that be ok? I am hoping with the added vent holes this should dry up quickly. What enclosures have you used and liked? I have to admit I thought I would like this enclosure more than I do. The stuffy enclosure is the part that has me stressing with this. I have seen you and other seasoned hobbyists constantly trying to warn people about ventilation and keeping the humidity down. Thank you for your input it is much appreciated.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know "little moist" is, that's subjective, can't help you. I keep mine dry.

I warn from beginner's experience. I lost 3 Avics to moist stuffy containers, this was when I barely had any Ts, except a Rose Hair.

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
I have only had Ts for almost a year now. I started off with a B vagans, then a GBB, and recently an A avic and A sp peru purple so your experience is greatly appreciated here. I had researched so long about avics because I knew I wanted some. Have to admit even with a ton of research actually taking care of them is a whole other story, My peru purple seems to be thriving so far and that enclosure seems to be working far better than this one. I'll give this one some time and see if it starts working better. it just seems that no matter how much ventilation I add to this one the moisture doesn't evaporate. And my house is dry right now due to the winter and heater running all of the time.... Maybe I'll take a deeper look into other peoples avic enclosures and build her a new one.

mitty

Arachnopeon
I have only had Ts for almost a year now. I started off with a B vagans, then a GBB, and recently an A avic and A sp peru purple so your experience is greatly appreciated here. I had researched so long about avics because I knew I wanted some. Have to admit even with a ton of research actually taking care of them is a whole other story, My peru purple seems to be thriving so far and that enclosure seems to be working far better than this one. I'll give this one some time and see if it starts working better. it just seems that no matter how much ventilation I add to this one the moisture doesn't evaporate. And my house is dry right now due to the winter and heater running all of the time.... Maybe I'll take a deeper look into other peoples avic enclosures and build her a new one.
As viper said, your enclosure will do the job perfectly fine. But, if you were in the market for an arboreal enclosure and if you have a Hobby Lobby near you, there's a lot of inexpensive DIY enclosures you can make from acrylic display cases sold at Hobby Lobby. There's a fella on YouTube who has tutorials on how to take a Hobby Lobby display case and turn it into a fantastic looking enclosure. Picture the enclosures Jamie's sells on her website - it will be very similar to one of those. You will need to buy some acrylic hinges but they are pretty inexpensive as well. These enclosures are perfect and look amazing. You can use a 40% off coupon on your purchase at Hobby Lobby as well. Here's a link to one of his enclosures he made. He made it out of the football display case.
He has many other videos with the smaller display cases sold at Hobby Lobby as well. Check them out!

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
As viper said, your enclosure will do the job perfectly fine. But, if you were in the market for an arboreal enclosure and if you have a Hobby Lobby near you, there's a lot of inexpensive DIY enclosures you can make from acrylic display cases sold at Hobby Lobby. There's a fella on YouTube who has tutorials on how to take a Hobby Lobby display case and turn it into a fantastic looking enclosure. Picture the enclosures Jamie's sells on her website - it will be very similar to one of those. You will need to buy some acrylic hinges but they are pretty inexpensive as well. These enclosures are perfect and look amazing. You can use a 40% off coupon on your purchase at Hobby Lobby as well. Here's a link to one of his enclosures he made. He made it out of the football display case.
He has many other videos with the smaller display cases sold at Hobby Lobby as well. Check them out!
Thank you for the help I will definitely check this out. I love the idea of the DIY enclosures that way they can fit the specific needs of each T.

mitty

Arachnopeon
Thank you for the help I will definitely check this out. I love the idea of the DIY enclosures that way they can fit the specific needs of each T.
No problem! This guy found a really cheap way to make awesome looking enclosures. Would be a shame for people not to see this! If you decide to go and pick some up to experiment with, be sure to post some updates! Good luck!

ChrisTy

Arachnoaddict
I will definitely have to post an update for this one. I'm going to try this out and take my time making sure everything works well with it. Since my avic is ok in her set up now I can take time to test the new one out to make sure I get the ventilation right. I'm feeling a lot more confident and excited to build this one.

mitty

Arachnopeon
I will definitely have to post an update for this one. I'm going to try this out and take my time making sure everything works well with it. Since my avic is ok in her set up now I can take time to test the new one out to make sure I get the ventilation right. I'm feeling a lot more confident and excited to build this one.
I'm glad you're inspired! That's what I find the most fun. Creating the enclosures and seeing the tenants very happy!