Enclosure for new sling?

midnight_maiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to posting some pics.

This is my 1" B. smithi in her 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" cube with a little flower pot hide.
View attachment 62192

This is me holding the small pot.
View attachment 62190

And here is a size comparison of the small pots that I have for my T's on my favorite Playstation2 game.
View attachment 62191

I think they are absolutely adorable. {D

Last edited:

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I noticed at the dollar store the other day. They have these plastic bug collection jars for kids. Magnifying glass built right in the lid, ventilation, and made of sturdy plastic. Oh, and the price is right $1.

I'm going to stop by there today, and see if they still have them.

If so I'll take a couple of photos.

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
These are the containers. There was a bunch of different styles, but I think this was about the best I found.

The magnifying glass lid should not be a problem, as long as it is not kept near a window.

Last edited:

Arachnobrian

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
BTW - wburke17

I really like your idea for aboreals. I recently obtained my first aboreal and may try this idea.

Is that one of those plastic cubes from Micheals?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yep those are from Michaels. I use them for my avics and small pokies. They are pretty cheap to, unless you buy 40 at a time. :razz:

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep those are from Michaels. I use them for my avics and small pokies. They are pretty cheap to, unless you buy 40 at a time. :razz:
i've searched michael's and it seems like none of the local locations have any. so i had to resort to going to a specialty plastics store. it seems like their prices might be a little steeper than michael's, but i'll get what i can.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cubes

i've searched michael's and it seems like none of the local locations have any. so i had to resort to going to a specialty plastics store. it seems like their prices might be a little steeper than michael's, but i'll get what i can.
i had previously bought some of the "cubes" from Michaels and then they didn't have enough of the sizes i wanted. So, being a little OCD - LOL - i went to The Container Store to get the remaining matching cubes. After buying the Amac brand cubes for actually LESS than Michaels i will not be buying cubes from Michaels anymore. Not only was The Container Store cheaper, the lids are much tighter. Just makes me feel better and hey, they were less. i have since returned all unused cubes to Michaels. Can also buy online i suppose if there's not a location near you. Just my experience. :rolleyes:

Darwinsdad

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like to use the Gerber Baby food containers. Not the glass jars but the little plastic ones that look like tiny tupperware, when they start to outgrow those plastic peanut butter jars are great.

Sheazy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
go to michaels they have them...this is how i use them for aboreals, I drill a hole in the center of the bottom and screw a peice of cork bark to it, then i make sure the bark doesnt extend past the rim, because i then turn it over so its suspended from the top. that way i can remove the top and sit it on a flat surface and do maintanence without having to worry about the T escaping. then the bottom half put some strate in there and a smaller rock or bark so crix can climb up to the other peice of bark and make for a happy T at diner time

Warren
Kudos on the excellent arboreal setup. I might go this route too due to the sefety of it not escaping from me opening the top. Can you tell me where you get that cork bark your using in them? I can only find flat or curled pieces, and those look circular almost, and seem to fit perfectly.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i had previously bought some of the "cubes" from Michaels and then they didn't have enough of the sizes i wanted. So, being a little OCD - LOL - i went to The Container Store to get the remaining matching cubes. After buying the Amac brand cubes for actually LESS than Michaels i will not be buying cubes from Michaels anymore. Not only was The Container Store cheaper, the lids are much tighter. Just makes me feel better and hey, they were less. i have since returned all unused cubes to Michaels. Can also buy online i suppose if there's not a location near you. Just my experience. :rolleyes:
I hate buying stuff online, but I guess i'll hafta just suck it up and stock up.

wburke17

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Kudos on the excellent arboreal setup. I might go this route too due to the sefety of it not escaping from me opening the top. Can you tell me where you get that cork bark your using in them? I can only find flat or curled pieces, and those look circular almost, and seem to fit perfectly.
Thanks for the compliments, the cork bark i get from a local pet store and then just break it down to the size that you want..

JMoran depending what part of so.cal your at, I know of three different michaels stores that have them, Pasadena, Monrovia, And hacienda Hts. when you go into one and ask they usually dont know what your asking for, IME there usually along the walls. that might help.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks for the compliments, the cork bark i get from a local pet store and then just break it down to the size that you want..

JMoran depending what part of so.cal your at, I know of three different michaels stores that have them, Pasadena, Monrovia, And hacienda Hts. when you go into one and ask they usually dont know what your asking for, IME there usually along the walls. that might help.
Riverside, CA. so i guess when I'm in LA county, i could check it out haha