Enclosure for A. avic

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey everyone, I know Im getting on all ur nerves by now, lol...sorry bout that, but I do need a lil more help.:eek: I have a new T comin today, A. avic, and couldnt find a suitable container to house it last nite. I went everywhere, man, I swear! I even looked for plastic tall containers like some have pics of here, but with no luck....so I bought a something similar to a large KK (critter keeper). It isnt tall like I need, but it should do for a minute, right? :wall: If u guys can tell me where to look for a suitable home for this newcomer, great....if u cant - maybe u can tell me how to make one? If u have any ideas, as Ive run out, I would appreciate it. Alot of the the containers I found were tall, but made of glass that I wont be able to drill holes into, u know? Im lost, I really thought it would be easy to find a home for her, as it was easy to find a home for the other T being delivered with the A. avic (the B. boehmei)....any help at all would be nice, lol.:confused:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I sometimes use a regular tank, and stand it up on its long side. That seems to work well for me. Then once in a while you can mist through the top, and provide branches and such for it to climb on.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Im lost, I really thought it would be easy to find a home for her, as it was easy to find a home for the other T being delivered with the A. avic (the B. boehmei)....any help at all would be nice, lol.:confused:
Just use the same style of container as you will for the B. boehmei ;), chances are your Avicularia avicularia will adapt better to this than to taller/bigger housing anyways, IME.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use a 5.5 gallon turned on the side for my A avic. Here is a pic I bought it at Petco for $25 with the lid.

Good Luck
Steph

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
'On its side' terrarium

How do u keep the lid on when its on its side like that? And how do u keep the substrate from fallin out the bottom?

wicked

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anything from a gallon rubbermaid jar (food storage aisle, Walmart, $3 :) ) to a very expensive (ouch) exo terra tank. I keep the majority of my avics in the rubbermaid jars.
edit- The 8 cup size jars work nice for large spiderlings.

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Walmart!

To whoever asked what size it is...neuworld told me it is about 3 inches...

And, where do I find exo terra, that tank is awesome!:D

I looked at meijers for the containers made of plastic rubber...no luck....will go to walmart tonite though, thanks for that info!:clap:

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You can find Exo Terra terrariums at PetCo and PetSmart but be forewarned they are pricey. Here's a link directly to their website for additional information. Exo Terra terrariums

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Austin S. I wouldn't recommend those cubes for any 3" spider. They are way too small. The largest measurement "the Cube" comes in is 4"x5".

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eh I wasnt sure on the size of hers. :? In that case since she does have a Juvie, the best bet is to get a larger kritter keeper and flip it on its side. Privide substrate, and clean water dish, and a sutible hide, something like cork bard or drift wood and lean up against the side. Hope that helps, I'm sure you'll find something :)

Austin

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks, I am sure I find something too...just nervous, lol...and anxious and worried. The new Ts arent here yet so I hope their ok

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I found one for my A. Versicolor at Petsmart, it's actually a hexagonal fish tank (about a foot tall). I drilled a bunch of holes in the lid for the ventilation.....

If you have a small A. Avicularia, the cage I got would work perfectly....mine is set up for the 1" sling (on the way here as we speak!) with a branch and hide set up in it.