Enclosure for 2” Caribena Versicolor

Fayebrownn

Arachnopeon
I’ve had my Caribena Versicolor for almost 3 days now, the pet shop only had one enclosure in stock, it’s way too big and probably better suited for a terrestrial but I wasn’t planning on keeping her in that long term anyway. I’ve ordered a 8 x 8 x 12” Exo Terra nano tall which will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. she has a diagonal leg span of 5cm so she’s about 2” (her legs weren’t entirely stretched out when I took the measurement) Will this size Exo Terra be okay for my little Susie? I have tried to find the answer to my question but all I keep seeing is “gallons” I’m from England and I don't really know what that means :rofl: Susie is my first ever tarantula so I’m very new to this, sorry if I’m asking an obvious question:rolleyes:

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
The enclosure is large for the spider, but it can work. But you should be careful when feeding that she catches the prey.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve had my Caribena Versicolor for almost 3 days now, the pet shop only had one enclosure in stock, it’s way too big and probably better suited for a terrestrial but I wasn’t planning on keeping her in that long term anyway. I’ve ordered a 8 x 8 x 12” Exo Terra nano tall which will hopefully be delivered tomorrow. she has a diagonal leg span of 5cm so she’s about 2” (her legs weren’t entirely stretched out when I took the measurement) Will this size Exo Terra be okay for my little Susie? I have tried to find the answer to my questing but all I keep seeing is “gallons” I’m from England and I don't really know what that means :rofl: Susie is my first ever tarantula so I’m very new to this, sorry if I’m asking an obvious question:rolleyes:
Too big- it could die in a large setup like that

Use 32 Oz deli cup!

The enclosure is large for the spider, but it can work. But you should be careful when feeding that she catches the prey.
Agreed Far too many new owners end up killing their Ts when using huge containers with small animals because they don’t understand.

Fayebrownn

Arachnopeon
Too big- it could die in a large setup like that

Use 32 Oz deli cup!

Agreed Far too many new owners end up killing their Ts when using huge containers with small animals because they don’t understand.
great, thank you! I’ll save it until she gets bigger! What size should she be before I move her into the 8 x 8 x 12” Exo Terra? I heard they’re good for arboreals but obviously from the advice given this is probably when they’re a lot bigger.
Or I could be completely misinformed altogether :rolleyes:

much appreciated! I’m moving her back into the plastic cup she came in!😊

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
great, thank you! I’ll save it until she gets bigger! What size should she be before I move her into the 8 x 8 x 12” Exo Terra? I heard they’re good for arboreals but obviously from the advice given this is probably when they’re a lot bigger.
Or I could be completely misinformed altogether :rolleyes:

much appreciated! I’m moving her back into the plastic cup she came in!😊
Adult

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The nano talk is faaaaar to big for a Caribena versicolor that size and a risk for you to kill it in there. When my Aviculariinae’s and also other arboreals like Psalmopoeinae hit 2-2.5in they go in one of these (1st photo). They are about 4.5-5”x4.5-5”x8” or 10 or 16 cups. If they are an inch or still under 2in. 32oz cup and or something around 4x4x5 (2nd Photo) B5ABAC2B-D0FA-4F7E-8A3A-992E052A3491.jpeg F2C4E578-751F-4964-9571-49242F65F2E2.jpeg