Enclosure Feedback

SGT A

Arachnopeon
Just got my two Ts into their new homes. Bottom is an Avic Avic. Top is a GBB. How am I lookin?

Attachments

Spaceman

Arachnoknight
The Gbb could use more sub

The avic enclosure looks good although a tip would be to superglue a water dish on one of the branches or just somewhere high in general

SGT A

Arachnopeon
That’s a great idea! I’ve seen him come down and hover over the bowl to drink and hunt his crickets. But the higher water dish is way better. Also keeps the darn feeders from drowning in it. Thank you for the input

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
From what I see- the Avic needs a lot more ventilation. More cage furniture, a little sparce, they feel more secure with added plants etc.

SGT A

Arachnopeon
The Gbb could use more sub
Yeah it’s only about 2” deep. The lil bugger is only about 2” right now in size. So I’m curious, if GBB is supposed to be set up “arid” why all the fuss with deep substrate? They don’t burrow and web it all anyways lol. Again I’m just curious. Learning.

From what I see- the Avic needs a lot more ventilation. More cage furniture, a little sparce, they feel more secure with added plants etc.
Is that still too sparse?
I know I can’t overkill ventilation, but to be sure...the whole top perimeter isn’t sealed and the front door has a 1/4” gap around the 6” diameter hole. Still add a couple more 2” vents?

Lol man it’ll be rough drill this acrylic again. I swear I’ll lose it if I crack it.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah it’s only about 2” deep. The lil bugger is only about 2” right now in size. So I’m curious, if GBB is supposed to be set up “arid” why all the fuss with deep substrate? They don’t burrow and web it all anyways lol. Again I’m just curious. Learning.

Is that still too sparse?
I know I can’t overkill ventilation, but to be sure...the whole top perimeter isn’t sealed and the front door has a 1/4” gap around the 6” diameter hole. Still add a couple more 2” vents?

Indeed you can't overkill it. I'd have taken the acrylic and drilled individual holes with a bit. As opposed to using a hole saw for larger size holes (that's a style preference).

But yes, I'd put more in.

From what I see- I'd have a minimum of 3 on the left and right sides, that's 6. The top would be drilled in to for vent.

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Ventilation isn't really what its all about, its air movement you need....cracks or little gaps wont provide this.

SGT A

Arachnopeon
Indeed you can't overkill it. I'd have taken the acrylic and drilled individual holes with a bit. As opposed to using a whole saw for larger size holes (that's a style preference).

But yes, I'd put more in.

From what I see- I'd have a minimum of 3 on the left and right sides, that's 6. The top would be drilled in to for vent.
Yeah I used to drill lots of holes and this was an experiment. Crickets kept escaping through my holes. So I went vents. I came up with this size based on the surface area between large holes and small. I will def add more vents though.

oooooh they also make 4”vents...just bore out the 2”

Ventilation isn't really what its all about, its air movement you need....cracks or little gaps wont provide this.
Ah gotcha. Back to the drill press

Y’all are awesome.

Oh and the ammo can conversion for the GBB was my idea for stackable with viewing. I’m definitely buying more for future lol

I would've done smaller enclosures
Reason? Dimension value converted to gallons came in at 8 gal. That too much for an Avic? Again absorbing the knowledge here.

TwiztedNinja

Arachnobaron
Reason? Dimension value converted to gallons came in at 8 gal. That too much for an Avic? Again absorbing the knowledge here.
The avic looks pretty small compared to the size of the tank, in the first photo

Pic of a juvenile avic and an adult versi, in a 8x8x12 tank (99% of the time, it hangs inside the crevice under the angled piece of cork)

Huge enclosures make it harder to feed, and its much wasted space, since it will likely web a corner and stay in that area

Attachments

SGT A

Arachnopeon
The avic looks pretty small compared to the size of the tank, in the first photo

Pic of a juvenile avic and an adult versi, in a 8x8x12 tank (99% of the time, it hangs inside the crevice under the angled piece of cork)

Huge enclosures make it harder to feed, and its much wasted space, since it will likely web a corner and stay in that area
Gotcha. Makes sense. He ends up all over the freaking place. That would solve it. Feeding is messy for sure and that would help. When I add more vents I may chop it down a little. I may also switch to dropping a single large Dubia in the web instead of crickets.

What was the white enclosure originally