Empty Stomach

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,
I'm in the middle of a feeding as I type, and Peso's not eating. He/She's acting weird: usually if the circket touches so much as a leg of Peso, he's toast. This cricket has nudged Peso once or twice, and Peso starts to follow the cricket, but makes no move to strike. I'm praying for pre-moult. But it seems like Peso knows the cricket is there, and he doesn't like it, but he doesn't want to do anything about it.
Pre-moult? Not hungy? Give it time? What do you think?
Paul

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Sounds like pre-moult to me... that's textbook behaviour...

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd either take it out or crush it. Crushing the cricket gives the T a chance to feed if it wants, but prevents the cricket from hurting/bothering the T during a molt. Remove the crushed cricket the next day, however, as it will start to rot.

Wade

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was nervous

I was really nervous that my T was going to go into moult (does it go 'into' a moult, or does it just moult?) while i was in class, so I took the cricket out entirely. actually, I just poked at the cricket a lot until it finally hopped out and into my underwear drawer. I hate crickets.
Paul

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Re: I was nervous

Originally posted by Rookie
I was really nervous that my T was going to go into moult (does it go 'into' a moult, or does it just moult?) while i was in class, so I took the cricket out entirely. actually, I just poked at the cricket a lot until it finally hopped out and into my underwear drawer. I hate crickets.
Paul
Well, if they're in your underwear drawer I'm sure you'll learn to like them.

Mine stopped eating suddenly by ignoring the cricket or even acting slightly wary of it when it approached. It didn't eat for about 10 days. During that time, it increasingly acted more lethargic and looked duller and slightly darker overall. After 4 days, I just left it alone and didn't try to feed it anymore crickets.

I would make sure it has enough heat and moisture, but don't overdo it. It can molt anytime. The important thing is to not disturb it, especially in the 3 days or so after it molts.

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Disturbing

I would make sure it has enough heat and moisture, but don't overdo it. It can molt anytime. The important thing is to not disturb it, especially in the 3 days or so after it molts.

I freak him/her out every time I open the enclosure. So, even if I mist, it's a stressful event. I'll cut back on the picture-taking and feeding, though.
Paul

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hi

I say it sounds like premoult, try a cricket today and if it does not eat it just keep trying everyother day, if he does not eat it for a week he/she is most likely in premoult, i understand that you have a G.pulchura, and its a spiderling, this is a good thing to do, good luck!

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Paul,
Sounds like the molt you've been hoping for is just around the corner.

I hope your lucky enough to be able to watch it when it happens, its such a trip.

BTW: I just got a G. pulchura Tuesday, its been eating like a little pig. Its 1/2" and so cute..

E