emps hiss??

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok ok.. i have heared my red knee make some nose befor... but i have never read any thing about emp scorpions hissing... i usely have a tv or pc runing so whould never have heared it.. but i was moveing one of my emps when she suddenly jumped around to my hand.. i then kinda brusshed ur claws with the tip of my finger and i heared a hiss! i tried it 10 times and eatch time thear was a hiss.... i did it with 1 other emp and got the same thing!! im sorry if its a commanly know fact that emps make nose... but i havent heared a thing about it....

dazbuzz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you sure their emps? i think there is an asain hissing scorpion?

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. imperator do not hiss, Heterometrus can make a hissing sound though. Not all do though, but I just recently found out one of my H. laoticus does. ;)

Mike

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From what I've read Pandinus can stridulate. I'm not 100% sure about P. imperator but I would assume they could.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
P. imperator for sure hiss. My female used to do it all the time.

Cheers.

Vaul

Arachnopeon
I have a few males that hiss, and alot that don't! Don't know what determines it though.

Noxocubed

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My female emp hisses sometimes. She sometimes charges the glass, hitting it with her claws and does a hiss if I approach the tank too suddenly.