Emperor's behaving strangely...?

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've had my 2 Emperors for about 10 weeks now.
I haven't sexed them, but the Pectines look pretty identical, so I'm assuming that they're the same sex.
Both of these specimens are large , about 5 inches in length.
Initially they both were good feeders, but neither has eaten for about 4 weeks. Both are very fat and show no interest in food.
They are in a 20 galllon tank with 2 hides and I set the tank up with a false bottom as decribed on this forum. Up until a few weeks ago they seemed happy to share the same hide, probably the moister of the 2 hides, substrate-wise. I noticed last week that the burrow was sealed and the scorpions were seperated. I can see the vack of the hide through the glass and it seems that the Emp inside has dug a further burrow within this one. The EMp outside doesn't appear to be that bothered about it and is staying outside near the heated wall as opposed to trying the 2nd hide.
Is this usual for these scorps or does anyone have similar experiences ?
I have used the search facility and assume the lack of eating can be down to either pregnancy or impending moult? They both came from a large colony of about 20.
Thanks in advance for any help!

:clap:

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It may be thay they are readt for a mault, And i may of missread this but are you saying 1 scorp is under ground with noe entry to the surface. IF so i would intervein, he wont be geting any heat, and although capable of geting to the surface it may be wise to assist. But back to the original question, i originaly had i male and 1 femal emp. The male was happy in a hide on the surface, while the female burrowed. Now however he moved in, and now does not like liveing on the surface, he will dig in given the opertunity. You wont find 2 Scorps that are the same, each has its own little qurk

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cheers Normski ! I will open the burrow and see what happens.