emperor weird color

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi

My Emperor came out from it's hideout with a very light purple color with some darker lines in between on the body.

This is a funny thing, by the way I found out with my Emperor:

I have a "handcrafted made" thing that I call the "cricket-picker"; it's a pencil with a paperclip on the top that I use to hunt down crickets that doesn't move around:D

Well,, I open up the lid inside my emperor cage after I have put a cricket in there and I try to make it move towards the opening of emperors hideout and he/she comes out and running after the sound that my cricket-picker makes. I did a kinda of a test; I started to make just a noise with my cricket-picker without a cricket in there and out came my scorpion, hunting after the noise.
Really funny.:)

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Has your emp been in hiding for several days?...its possible it has molted...the color should darken over the next week if this is so...it will also look larger,

My H.spinifer behave in a similar manner if I disturb the enclosure in a similar manner to when I feed them. I have heard of this behavior before.

John
];')

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiding

Yes,, it was gone for a some days now when I think about and I forgot in my prev. post that it looked bigger than before, especially the length:)

Otherwise it had this "tiger-look", so I guess it's molt that have happened recently.