Emperor Sling growth rate?

Mperor

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have good information that you can share about the growth rate of emperor slings?

Can we generally approximate when a sling would molt based on its age? Is the age proportional to their size?

Or is there no way to tell at all?

I know growth rate probably depends on the various factors in its living environment and food and all that just like human beings or any other animals... but I'm just thinking about generally speaking, such as...

'Generally, by 2 years old, they are about that big. When they mature at around 4 years old, they are usually between 5"-8".'

I just don't want to be surprised by sudden growth and have it trapped with too small of an enclosure.

Thanks!

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Like it you were thinking, seems to be environmental and genetics. The ones I have raised matured between two(some at 2) and three years, with siblings getting a molt behind sometimes pretty fast. I'm thinking it's prob a genetic thing in individuals.

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The availability of food and water and the temperature they're kept at also seem to be a factor.

I had an Emp escapee. After 10 days of freedom I finally recovered him and he was almost dead - paper thin and weak. It's been over a year and a half since then and he's still the runt of the litter @ approx. half the size of his siblings and 1 molt behind.