Emperor Scorpion w/Stinger removed on my local craigslist

BradPitbull

Arachnopeon
This is insane. Why do you have to remove the stinger? How can it live a normal life? As for the reason is to handle it without being stung is not valid reason to remove the stinger. If you don't want to be stung then don't handle it. Scorpions should be respected not abused. They are look only no touch pets. They are not cats to be cuddled whenever you feel to.

:mad::mad::mad:

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
I want to go over to his place to adopt it and sneak a few LQ in his bed.

Vinnyg253

Arachnopeon
Hey lets go over and Remove his...erhmm...and see how he gets along with a vital bodypart.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did the person actually have in their ad that it had been removed by his/herself?

In the person's defense, maybe they bought it that way? I wouldn't put it past a pet store to do that before selling.

If ya'll send tons of mean emails, it's likely the person will remove the ad & reduce the chances of getting the scorpion out of their care. If infact they are the bad ones that did it.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I owned a few damaged scorpions(missing claw or stinger). Including a few WC. They do fine, eat well breed well. I'm not condoning the behavior, nor would I do it myself, but it happens. Personally I'd try to get the critter out of there care. You could probably adopt it for nothing. Tell the person it's damaged and ask for it for free.

John

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Aculeus clipping is, regretfully, common practice and nothing new. It often occurs before export in the countries where they are caught.
Luckily for those large Scorpionids, they depend largely on their chela (claws) to overpower prey and not their venom.

So all people talking about missing a vital organ, no refrigerator for you, sorry! :D

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ironically aculeus clipping only happen on pandinus and heterometrus sp (At least those are the only one i heard of so far)
Didn't really see any buthidae got clipped, i wonder why lol

Anw all of those heterometrus with their aculeus clipped that i came across usually doesn't live long... Most perished in less than a year

Last edited:

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, there's nothing in that post that says the person offering the scorpion is the one who removed the stinger, or why. How do you know they removed it so that the scorp could be handled? They might have just got it like that.