Emperor Scorpion Pectine Count

jm2628

Arachnopeon
Hi all, just picked up two emps that I'm housing with a third I've had for awhile. All around the same size, all with white telson's. I would guess that they are 3i at this point.

I would like to sex them all with the only way I assume would work, pectine count. I've searched far and wide for an answer to the Male and female pectine count, on Google and on this site, but I can't seem to find the thread that I saw while back. If anyone knows, the help would be much appreciated!

Also at what instar can you determine sex from the shape of the genital operculum?

jm2628

Arachnopeon
Is anyone on the forum at all? Or is this just something that isnt known?

jm2628

Arachnopeon
I'm looking for the pectine count difference for emperors specifically. They are juveniles so I think that is my only chance at sexing. From what I've read pectine tooth count doesn't change as they molt

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I'm looking for the pectine count difference for emperors specifically. They are juveniles so I think that is my only chance at sexing. From what I've read pectine tooth count doesn't change as they molt
Pectine count is unreliable due to overlap. Best method is sizing the pectines and identifying the genital operculum.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Thanks for the response and the info!

Do you know if the sex can be identified at 3i to 4i? I've read that you can't tell until 7i from pectine size and genital operculum.
You're welcome and no, I don't know what instar they can be accurately sexed at. ;)