Emperor Scorpion on Hand!

The Spaz

Arachnopeon
I took a picture of one of my 4 scorpions on my hand. I also foung that 1 of the 4 is more aggressive than the others. Hopefully you can also tell me what stage of development my scorpions are in. I think they have molted 4 times not sure though. Hopefully everyone likes the picture.

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
David,

I'm curious as to why you say this? There is always the chance and you have to take that into consideration -- but it is far from certain that you will definitely get pinched/stung. Your chance of getting bit is around 0%.

Cheers,
Dave

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I also seriously doubt that there is 100% chance of getting stung either as that would entail getting stung everytime you attempted to handle your scorp. If that were the case pretty much no one would attempt to handle any of them.

John
];')

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
I also seriously doubt that there is 100% chance of getting stung either as that would entail getting stung everytime you attempted to handle your scorp. If that were the case pretty much no one would attempt to handle any of them.

John
];')
I've actually TRIED to make my emp sting me many times. And I was unsucessfulk every time.

Of course, my scorpion isn't SL's scorpion. But then, SL's scorpion isn't Spaz's scorpion, either.

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by The Spaz
Hopefully you can also tell me what stage of development my scorpions are in. I think they have molted 4 times not sure though.
i'm not sure how large your hand or the emp is, but 4 may be right, could be 5.

Originally posted by Scorpion Lover
There is 100% chance of geting stung,bit,or pinched be carful
for emps there is a slight change you may be pinched, but to be stung is so rare that when it happens some people pratically celebrate it.

Originally posted by whoami?
I've actually TRIED to make my emp sting me many times. And I was unsucessfulk every time.
i've been stung once, and it was completely my own doing (not on purpose though). i was picking the emps up to move them to another tank while i cleaned their home, and instead of grabbing one by the sides of the telson i accidentally grabbed it front to back and literally pushed the stinger into my index finger.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by sabre
i've been stung once, and it was completely my own doing (not on purpose though). i was picking the emps up to move them to another tank while i cleaned their home, and instead of grabbing one by the sides of the telson i accidentally grabbed it front to back and literally pushed the stinger into my index finger.
Did you feel any effects? The push alone won't be enough to release venom, so to be envenomated, the scorpion would have had to "consciously" release venom. I am curious whether or not it would have done so in these circumstances.

Cheers,
Dave

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

sorry guys, david is really trying his best, and doesnt really no much! but thanks for correcting him! He always follows my dads advice:rolleyes: I know that what he says make sense to him, but just correct him! thank you again!

James

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Hey James not to worry, he will learn about scorpions, tarantulas and anything else he wants to it just takes time and patience...there is a lot to learn...Tell him we all were new and a novice at one point.

When I started in the hobby the web/internet was not at all like it is today. There were no picture or text. All you could really do was transfer files, and that was only about 11 years ago...hmm..your brother wasn't even born yet...I must be getting old...I can see he has great enthusiasm...just imagine how much he will know when he is your age. :D Anyway, my point was that there is so much information available that he will be an expert in no time. Just tell him to read as much as possible and to ask many questions...thats the only way you learn.

John
];')

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
Hey James not to worry, he will learn about scorpions, tarantulas and anything else he wants to it just takes time and patience...there is a lot to learn...Tell him we all were new and a novice at one point.

When I started in the hobby the web/internet was not at all like it is today. There were no picture or text. All you could really do was transfer files, and that was only about 11 years ago...hmm..your brother wasn't even born yet...I must be getting old...I can see he has great enthusiasm...just imagine how much he will know when he is your age. :D Anyway, my point was that there is so much information available that he will be an expert in no time. Just tell him to read as much as possible and to ask many questions...thats the only way you learn.

John
];')
Thanks John!

James

sabre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Did you feel any effects? The push alone won't be enough to release venom, so to be envenomated, the scorpion would have had to "consciously" release venom. I am curious whether or not it would have done so in these circumstances.

Cheers,
Dave

hard to say. it wasn't the prick of the stinger that made me notice my mistake rather i felt a quick vibration (almost a throbbing) in the tip of my finger. but i didn't feel anything after i let go. maybe it did envenomate me but because the emp was a juvenile plus the fact that i hardly react to bee stings and the location of it (finger tip with thicker skin), i didn't feel any effects.

but i remember reading about two types of venom, i may have been hit only with the warning type.

... or it could have just been squirming between my fingers and gave me that sensation