emperor scorpion odd behavior?

Deadriel

Arachnopeon
Well I bought my first scorpion about 2 months ago his vivarium stays between 75-85 degrees, humidity ranges from 80-85%. Substrate is potting soil baked for 3 hours to kill organics. When I first got him he was very active at night walking around inspecting trying to climb out ect. But for the last 2 weeks he hasn't moved from his burrow that I've noticed. Still eats normally just doesn't come out but waits for an unfortunate visitor. Every time I check on him he's bright eyed and bushy tailed and pissed off I've disturbed him. He's about 3 1/2 inches not including his tail...

Couple of questions, I feed him 2-3 crickets a week is this too much or no? I've found conflicting views on this subject so I wanted to ask the experts.

I've also read these scorpions differ in their personality so some are more easily handled than others. I don't plan to handle him often as this causes stress but he seems to be less on the calm side and more on the defensive side. So I'm guessing he's not the handling kind huh?

Sorry for the long post but as with all my pets I want to make his existence comfortable and easy....

scorpionmom

Arachnobaron
Well I bought my first scorpion about 2 months ago his vivarium stays between 75-85 degrees, humidity ranges from 80-85%. Substrate is potting soil baked for 3 hours to kill organics. When I first got him he was very active at night walking around inspecting trying to climb out ect. But for the last 2 weeks he hasn't moved from his burrow that I've noticed. Still eats normally just doesn't come out but waits for an unfortunate visitor. Every time I check on him he's bright eyed and bushy tailed and pissed off I've disturbed him. He's about 3 1/2 inches not including his tail...

Couple of questions, I feed him 2-3 crickets a week is this too much or no? I've found conflicting views on this subject so I wanted to ask the experts.

I've also read these scorpions differ in their personality so some are more easily handled than others. I don't plan to handle him often as this causes stress but he seems to be less on the calm side and more on the defensive side. So I'm guessing he's not the handling kind huh?

Sorry for the long post but as with all my pets I want to make his existence comfortable and easy....
First, don't worry about the size of the post, they are often much larger than that.;)

That might be a little too much. However, when they have had their fill, they will go into hiding and digest. I would feed him about 1-2 crickets once a week, or more if him seems to need it. Also, it is normal for them to sit and wait--emperors are ambush predators.

I wouldn't really handle them. You probably know that it is stressful for them. Good luck with your new scorpion.