Emperor Scorpion first timer

Heisenberguk

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I am from the UK and I'm considering owning a emperor scorpion, now I don't have any experience with these it will be the first, I'm just looking for some advice on what to use and how to care for it properly, or even if I should be getting one or maybe starting with something else? I would appreciate any advice even if it is negative I want to learn.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
Emperors are good for beginners. Large, generally docile when adult, and mostly available captive bred now.
Keep them with a thick layer of soil (coco fiber or similar) for them to burrow into and keep this substrate damp. Provide a water dish and hide(s). Temperatures around 28-30 C during the day, bit cooler at night. Feed them a large feeder (adult dubia for example) once a week, or multiple smaller ones. May fast for a long time.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hey guys, I am from the UK and I'm considering owning a emperor scorpion, now I don't have any experience with these it will be the first, I'm just looking for some advice on what to use and how to care for it properly, or even if I should be getting one or maybe starting with something else? I would appreciate any advice even if it is negative I want to learn.
As others have said, a really good choice for a first scorpion. However, if you follow advice given - which is all excellent - you will not see your scorpion often. When happy and content they burrow and stay burrowed for quite some time. If you want something that is more active and has more " character " an Asian Forest, as they're commonly known as, will be out and about more. A lot of people poo poo Asian Forests and must have an Emperor. Personally I have kept both, and still have many Asians at present. I sold all my Emperor's a while ago to a breeder, who also sold them to.
Obviously your choice. Just food for thought, before you purchase.
Heterometrus is the species, ( Asian Forest )
Just to add more confusion the Hadrurus family is a lovely desert species to keep, as long as you keep very dry, with low humidity. The initial substrate setup is more complicated but not overly, just requires a sand/ clay mix, instead of straight sand.
Welcome to the wonderful world of scorpion keeping.