Emperor scorpion burying it's self?

Colin93

Arachnoknight
Is it normal for a juvenile Pandinus imperator to almost completely bury it's self? I know they burrow a lot but i came in this morning to find nothing but it's telson sticking out of the substrate, is this normal and can it actually breath if it goes too far? It is only on it's 3rd instar so still pretty small, that is what worries me, Thank you.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
They do this. It can breath.
Nothing to worry about. They love tight spaces for security.
Is there something in the enclosure it can burrow under?

Colin93

Arachnoknight
There is half a coconut in there it can crawl under and also this hollow fake rock, the rock has a flat solid bottom so im sure he could burrow under it? I'll put a pic up too

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
When I used to have emperors, they would often burrow under the water dish even though there were, what I thought, were better options. Just a thing on the ground is all they really want, I guess. More options won't bother them. The rock looks good even if it doesn't get much use.

Colin93

Arachnoknight
When I used to have emperors, they would often burrow under the water dish even though there were, what I thought, were better options. Just a thing on the ground is all they really want, I guess.
Ah okay well it's good to know it is nothing to worry about, just seemed weird as i haven't noticed him do it before unless i just messed it, thank you

Dr SkyTower

Arachnolord
it's perfectly normal for them and yes, they can breathe, they have rows of spiracles on their underside, even when buried up to the telson in the substrate :lol: