Emperor Or A Red Claw?

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am about to purchase a cool little scorpion... I have been reading up on emperors at first and was ready to go out and buy one, when i noticed people saying Red claws were almost identical except they were more aggressive:razz: ! It would be great if my scorpion were pretty active because i want to spend some time observing him and one that just sits in his hide is kind of boring?!

So the main question is which one should i get? This is my first scorpion and it would be awesome if i could handle it, but if not its alright. I was kind of inspired by Supermunky's agressively hyper emperor and would love to have one like that :rolleyes: ... But it could only be a dream. hehe because from what i've been reading his is truly rare eh?

Well yeah either way i am going to get one.

Also should i put rocks on the floor before the substrate?

Thanks !!!! from a intrigued fella

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am about to purchase a cool little scorpion... I have been reading up on emperors at first and was ready to go out and buy one, when i noticed people saying Red claws were almost identical except they were more aggressive:razz: ! It would be great if my scorpion were pretty active because i want to spend some time observing him and one that just sits in his hide is kind of boring?!

So the main question is which one should i get? This is my first scorpion and it would be awesome if i could handle it, but if not its alright. I was kind of inspired by Supermunky's agressively hyper emperor and would love to have one like that :rolleyes: ... But it could only be a dream. hehe because from what i've been reading his is truly rare eh?

Well yeah either way i am going to get one.

Also should i put rocks on the floor before the substrate?

Thanks !!!! from a intrigued fella

Id say get both. The emp would be the best to handle calm and docile but dont get me wrong ive seen very defensive ones and docile ones it could depend! To me every scorpion and tarantula has its own personality and they know if they want to sting or bite. Also ive seen people handle much more defensive scorps and highly venomous scorps such as A. bicolor, A. austraulis, etc. Just take precautions and treat them with respect.

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi there,
Red Claw or P.imp?...Hmmmmmm.
Personally I just think the red claw looks amazing, absolutely georgeous, although my P.imps are quite magnificent also. More aggresive? I've got a female P.imp that is uber aggresive, she'll have anything that goes near her, first scorp i've had where you can here the sting strike its' prey. She lives on her own.:(
As for which one, go to the store and spend a while with each one, you'll know which one is for you.

Damo

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
... It would be great if my scorpion were pretty active because i want to spend some time observing him and one that just sits in his hide is kind of boring?!...it would be awesome if i could handle it, but if not its alright...
My red-claw (P. cavimanus) was an extensive burrower, I never saw it, it was aggressive and when I dropped a meal worm at its burrow it would come up charge it and retreat. I handled my P. cavimanus 2 times I have a video I'll put it up later. It would pinch me all the time it was on my hand.

ZooRex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got my red claw cause its not your every day emp. It is also quite active and I see out during the day semi-regularly. As far as aggresiveness goes, it never fails to give a threat pose, but has yet to sting anything. ~ Rex

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
would it be cool if i got both a emperor and a red claw? would they be chill with each other?

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
holding

acctualy for me. i have to emperor scorpions and holding them can very from day to day i have a huge one that can beomce aggressive or be very docile.i would go with the emperor for ure first one becouse mine are fairly active especialy at night.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my red claw cause its not your every day emp... ~ Rex
Not to cause an argument but to just clear it up... the 'red claw' is not an emperor, it is a Pandinus cavimanus distributed in and around Tanzania. The 'emperor' which is a Pandinus imperator is distributed in western tropical Africa (Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guina-Bissau, Nigeria, Togo (probably in other coutries in region too) Their care is similar but that is all.

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not to cause an argument but to just clear it up... the 'red claw' is not an emperor, it is a Pandinus cavimanus distributed in and around Tanzania. The 'emperor' which is a Pandinus imperator is distributed in western tropical Africa (Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d'Ivoire, Ghana, Guinea, Guina-Bissau, Nigeria, Togo (probably in other coutries in region too) Their care is similar but that is all.
lol:clap: :razz:

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So is it true that red claws are more active/aggressive? Well its alright i am thinking of getting a redclaw for my second scorp. I already got a big emperor :D !

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
do i measure just the body? I picked it because it was the biggest and seemed the most aggressive and thought it was a female because it was big. It was not. I would say it is about 4 inches straight from the store. and it is very bulky. check out my other thread to see the pics :)

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
generally you just measure the body! hows he settleing in i know it's only a few hours later but am just wondering?

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He is much better now. He has calmed down and is just chilling in his hide. I might get a red claw also.