emperor found dead

Tcrazy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had my two emperors for few months now both where the same size 5 inches and this morining i when to feed them and found one dead laying on its side. i have not seen any signs of them acting funny. they are in a 20g long tank. with a nice size water dish and stuff to hide under the bedding i use is peat moss.
i am not sure why it died.. i took very good care of them

Dudo

Arachnopeon
Maybe he was just too old :) ,but it can have a lot of reasons,maybe he ate a "poison" cricket,or there were some parasites,which you havent seen,or something.It is hard to say when I didnt see it.It is nature :razz: ,so what can we do....,everything must die someday :mad:

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The sad thing about getting an adult scorpion is you don't know how old they are. If there was no signs of a fight, it is most likely that it died of old age.
I am sorry to hear of your loss and hope the other emp is doing well, though

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No its not true. Wild arachnids have the world as their home. Are they dieing of stress, I think not. THey have thrived like that for millions of years.

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it is true the minumum tarantula's cage is twice one of its legs( leg toanother leg)size from the tip of his singer to his claws when they are strathced out 2
maximum cage size:
tarantulla : for 5' full grown no bigger then a ten gallons
scorpion: i would say max 5 gallons each ( for adults ) or if you really want to strch 15 gallons a couple of them (2-3)

but i find that my taranatula and emperor's with bigger cage are smaller and tinnier but for example
i have two ts that are clutch mates and one has been put a bigger cage he is smaller then the other who was in a more enclosed area. Now they both have tinier cages
if its too smale it will die of not enough room

Pink_tarantula

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
for wild aracnides they hide under rocks or underground but all arachnindes ca stay in a large space for a week or two if absolutely needed. i woudln't suggest it though

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya but so do captive tarantulas, they basically hide in their "hides"

I really dont think Tarantulas stress when they have more room then needed. I experienced it in this way:

I once had a G.rosea in a 40 gallon breeder tank for a couple of months. Behaved and acted normally, just like it did in a 2.5 gallon tank. Tarantulas really dont know that they have "too much" space. Just think about it, think its common sense.