Emperor breeding questions

Lego

Arachnopeon
Ok this question may have come up on another thread in the past but i didn't feel like lookin too far back to check. My friend and I have a pair of Emps and we want to breed, they live together in the same enclosure and very well. We were wondering if there was ant particular way to entice breeding such as temp and humidity or seperating them for a while and putting them back together. I also am not sure if it is best done right after a molt like T's are. If anyone out ther can give a few tips on this subject i would appreciate it very much.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they are mature, male and female, and living together chances are your female is gravid. Scorpions unlike tarantulas don't continue growing and molting once they have matured. So time after molt isn't a big deal. Really it's pretty easy, just continue the normal care and leave them alone.

john

Lego

Arachnopeon
@ AzJohn ...thanks for the input man. is there any particular way to know if they are fully matured yet?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@ AzJohn ...thanks for the input man. is there any particular way to know if they are fully matured yet?
telson is a real dark red, sometimes REALLY dark orange. ive only seen dark red ones that were mature

Lego

Arachnopeon
@ gromgrom... thanks for the help. actually on both of ours the telson is sort of a dark brownish red color so if that is the case then i would assume that they are mature and i guess we sholud just give them some time to do thier thing.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
Be sure to add a flat slate rock to the cage, they need this to do their thing.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For me it gets a little tricky if they are close to their last molt because the telson can be pretty brown by then. Already been said that they can be dark brown/orange, it's usually the case, but I have a large female that has a telson that is just as black as the rest of her, she is very large.