Emp Slings

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi all,

I have decided to get 2 emp slings (I already have 42 tarantulas) I have read on various sites that its ok to house them together, this may be a really stupid question, but is that ok for slings too? (are baby scorpions even called slings??)

Other than that, I understand you keep them pretty much like you would tarantulas. Is there any other tips/advice I need to know before my slings arrive?

Cheers

Kain

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got 20+ emp scorplings in a ten gallon right now. This only short term housing but it seems to be working fine. They all pile together and so far theres been zero cannabalism.

So, I would say yes it's OK, but any time you house a species together there is SOME risk of cannabalsim. Just provide ample food and space/hides for the two of them and you should be good.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got five of Thaedion's, and no matter what size tank they're in they always pile on top of each other in the same hide. I got another species of forest scorp from him (some kind of Heterometrus) and they seem to do the same thing.

You may want to give this thread a read. Have fun with your babies! These guys are cute when they're tiny.

M13

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks guys. Very helpful thread link too.

Cheers

Kain