Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

emp scopr not eating new food

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by The_Sandman, Sep 1, 2009.

1. The_Sandman

The_Sandman Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    i changed my emperior scorpions diet of crickets to dubia roaches . the dubias i am feeding him are around 1 inch-two inches
    my scorp is around 5 inches and is very very agressive ,i used to feed him around two crikets a day ,i sometimes let a day pass by with out feeding him .and when i did feed him ,he always took them as if they where his last meal ,but he is totaly ignoring the dubia .the same goes for my female emp . is this normal behavior and will he ever start eating them .

2. I switched my emps from crickets to superworms a awhile back. They fasted for about 2 weeks before touching the superworms, but now they love them. My female will steal one from the male if she's not fed first! XD

It looks like it takes some convincing to switch emps' food sometimes. *shrug*

3. The_Sandman

The_Sandman Arachnosquire

im hoping thats the case since i spent a nice amount of money on a large colony of the dubias .

4. I wish I could get dubias. But, Florida law doesn't like them. XD

5. calum

calum Arachnoprince

twice a day is alot... your scorpion may just be fasting. if you feed it that much, eventually it will stop eating for a while.

or mabye it's just getting used to roaches.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.