Emp reload

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I haven't had emperors for quite some time and decided to get a new one. I went to the pet store and they had 4 5i emps, one missing a pedipalp. I asked if I purchased them all that they would give me the one at a discount but happily they gave it for free. I'm under the impression it has already molted once without it so I am not worried about it dying on me...however it is quite the runt compared to its 3 siblings. I may separate it out of the tank until it's a big bigger...who knows what the others would do if it molted.

Here is a shot of the only one that didnt happen to hide from my iPhone lol.

Isn't it funny how I went out to purchase one and came back with 4? ...and some hissers...lol

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
little guy might be an instar smaller? maybe?

all i know is its definitely in premolt.

but nice catch :) wish i could get petstores to just give me stuff.

Vfox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
little guy might be an instar smaller? maybe?

all i know is its definitely in premolt.

but nice catch :) wish i could get petstores to just give me stuff.
The clerk actually raised them since birth and he said they are 4-5i, I would agree with you otherwise because they are quite small for that. The longest one is still under two inches. My last emperors 1i was the same size as these guys before she ate it! :(

And yes, free scorpions are always a great bonus. This is the second free emp I've gotten. I had one given to me from the local vet, but its tail was broken so it couldn't "do its business" and ended up dying. :\