emp breeding

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i want to try to breed my emps, but am wondering if thear are specal condistions i should make for them
like should i make it a bit dryer or hoter like a dry seasion or weater like a wet seasion, what temp is beast for breeding,
i read as much as 90oF and am wondering if that true..
i allso want to breed my african millies so tips for that will healp too.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
{D Your emps should mate with no problems if they're already adult. Just provide a flat slate and wait for a spermatophore ;P

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yep as Quiz said, the only sepecial thing you need for Emps is a nice flat surface for them to dance on!!!! Keep the temp and humidity up to progress the pregnancy. Keep them quiet and well fed. Near the end of the pregacy i find it safer to deperate the male from the female, as keeping them to gether may result in mor babies being eaten. You may tell if she is Gravid, as the males will not pay her atention, where as before they would readaly try to mate

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm . . . maybe mine was gravid when I got her in June! Fingers officially crossed.
Thats what usually happens. When I got my preggo, the pet store said. Hey your the kid who collects scorpions right? I said yes, they said well we'll give you a discount if you take this one because she was returned to us after a year because she eats all of her tank mates and no one will buy a scorpion that big... well I accpeted they're offer and 2 1/2 months later she partuated. Talk about getting more than what you paid for. :) For successful cative breeder on pandinus, I would suggest always keeping your breeders seperate, so you can control what happens. A lot of questions arise because they are usually a communial scorp, so people never actually know if shes pregnant or not. I read a great write up before I found AB's in which the user "conditioned" his scorpions for breeding. He was over feeding them for a couple weeks, in seperate containers, and then mated them and removed the male immediately. When the female popped he left her and the slings alone until I3! Which he noted a lot of people don't do, but he has been quite successful having 3 broods from her so far. If you want to control your breeding, I'd make a community tank of all your males and seperate the females. Not only will you keep the female happy, you protect all your males from spousal abuse. Hope this helps. :)

Ed

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Looks like my male may be getting the bachelor pad (a.k.a. empty tank) next door. I'll give that a month or so and do a brief re-introduction, and if there's no mating, he goes back on his own. Thanks!

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's on his own now, and he wasn't happy about it. He always stridulates at me when I get near :D. I also managed to get pictures of their pectines, so now I've confirmed that I do indeed have a male and a female.