Emilia sling moult

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I've been waiting for my A. geniculata to get a move on and moult for me. I was convinced she'd do it last night so I kept getting up to check. Woke up this morning to find my B. emilia freshly moulted. The little minx had gone and done it secretly behind my back! I knew she was premoult, but didn't expect her to do it this early because she only moulted about a month ago :eek: Anyway she looks all fragile and pale now. Not grown too much from what I can see, but I'll be able to tell better when she's fattened up :)

Here's her fresh shed skin alongside the skin she shed on 15th Feb. Quite a difference in size!

And here's the little madam looking all cute and vulnerable :)

I'm suprised she's moulting so quickly! It's been 1 month and 5 days since her last moult :)

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Lostkat,

Mine suprised me as well, it moulted in consective months after i bought it. I'd read that they were extremely slow growers, but mine seems to be growing pretty fast, hopefully it's due another moult within the next few weeks. How big is your B. emilia now?

Cheers,

Dan.

ahkiu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hi lostkat !

it's me "hsp70" lol didn't know i would bump into you here :p

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh now isn't that so cute.
Congrates on the molt!

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Looking at the various pics you've posted, I've been wondering.....what are you using as a substrate?
Your little emilia is too cute!

I've got 3, possibly 4 T's in pre molt right now....charging up the battery for my digi cam.....

Leanne

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am getting one of these in the mail tomorrow and I hope it is as nice as yours.

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by ahkiu
hi lostkat !

it's me "hsp70" lol didn't know i would bump into you here :p
Small world isn't it :D

Originally posted by LPacker79
Looking at the various pics you've posted, I've been wondering.....what are you using as a substrate?
Your little emilia is too cute!

I've got 3, possibly 4 T's in pre molt right now....charging up the battery for my digi cam.....

Leanne
She's on a sterilised peat/vermiculite mix about 70:30 ratio. It gives good drainage, she can dig fine, and it doesn't reflect and make pics impossible to take like my old 100% vermiculite did. Both my T's are very happy with their substrate :)

danread - She's about 4cm now :) Her old skin is 3.5cm so she's not really grown much. Certainly looks bigger though. I'll measure her properly when she's hardened up and I can handle her again.

Anyway she finally stopped hiding and came out for a stretch, so here's her at full length.