emilia or smithi...hmmmmmm

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arachno Gurus,
I have a question.
I purchased an "emilia" s'ling in May...actually it was a speck.
Well Seven (as in Seven of Nine...name of spidey) is about 2 inches long, now, and looks suspiciously like Buckie...my smithi. They could be identical twins. The leg markings are the same, as well as markings on the carapi. The main difference seem to be growth rate. Seven is growing much more rapidly.

Any insight? Do emilia slings have the SAME leg markings as smithis as s'lings?

Pax,
Kelly O

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
I guess it would depend on how you look at it. I've shown slings of both to people and some couldn't tell the difference while it was apparent to me. Is there a triangle of black on the carapace of the supposed emilia? If so, then I would say it probably is one. Emilia's are also supposed to only have coloration on the 2 (or might be 1) middle segment (name escapes me) of their legs while the rest should be black. Can you post a pic of it? I could give you a better opinion after seeing it.

Scott

Nemesis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scott,
* No triangle on the carapace
*legs are banded like a smithi. They don't have that solid red band like the emilia.

I'd be willing to bet I have 2 smithis. I was just hoping there was a difference in the color pattern of the emilia s'lings.

Pax,
Kelly O