Emergency

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire
Because i'm moving Im forced to pack up my tarantulas and move them with me. i left it as late as posible but i had to pack up my T stirmi that's in premolt and move her. when i arrived i put her in a temporary box that i think is big enough for her to molt in. no sooner do i turn my back than she's on her side. I'm really worried that the stress of moving her might cause problems. Any advise would be great. should i bumo up the humidity as high as possible?

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire
Since i noticed her on her side she tried to move once in what seems like an attempt to get completely on her back. I've never had this T molt in my care and i hear Theraphosas are prone to bad molts.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
should i bumo up the humidity as high as possible?
No, a stuffy cage is more dangerous than molting while being moved. If you must go (and I'm sure you do), then just put her in a spot that will be undisturbed. I'd personally put a blanket over the enclosure to at least keep it dark in there. Don't leave the cage in the sun at all during your travels. There's not much else you can do. Spiders have molted in worse spots, I'm sure your girl will make it just fine.

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire
No, a stuffy cage is more dangerous than molting while being moved. If you must go (and I'm sure you do), then just put her in a spot that will be undisturbed. I'd personally put a blanket over the enclosure to at least keep it dark in there. Don't leave the cage in the sun at all during your travels. There's not much else you can do. Spiders have molted in worse spots, I'm sure your girl will make it just fine.
I've arrived at the new place. Im just panicking. My gbb is molting too. I swear they're doing this just to meas with me. They've been popping like popcorn over the last two weeks.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's summer, it's the time of year for molts. Like I said, not much else you can do - put her in a quiet room and check on her in an hour. Let us know how it goes.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It may be of comfort to know that tarantula can molt in the weirdest positions..
Fingers crossed, and trust that she knows what she's doing.

Ziad ElGuneid

Arachnosquire
T stirmi still motionless, Gbb coming along nicely and my G pulchra decided to go ahead and molt too as well as a couple of H laticeps. my C darlingi looks eager to join the party too.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
No, don't worry yet. A spider that size could take over a day to molt.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine are at about 9" , I've paired them the last 3 years with no results. Hopefully this is my year !

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I'd say yes, you look good to pair. Might want a couple other opinions, though.