Emergency Heat

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
it’s also 70F in Venezuela, 78F in Indonesia/Borneo, 72F in Costa Rica, 76F in Australia, etc
?? Are the animals equatorial? It's summer in Aus, and is ranging from below freezing at night in the mountains around Melbourne to well over 100 in Darwin.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I was Googling Oil-Filled Space Heaters, and apparently they make 700 watt models designed specifically for small spaces. About 55-65 square feet. That's about the size of a bathroom or closet (with nothing in it).
The one I have cost $30 something and has 3 wattage settings. Highest being 1000 watts. I have it set on the second setting which I don't remember what wattage but it is under 1000.

Mine also has a built in thermostat. This thing does an excellent job of heating up the room with no problem.

YungRasputin

Arachnobaron
?? Are the animals equatorial? It's summer in Aus, and is ranging from below freezing at night in the mountains around Melbourne to well over 100 in Darwin.
if you mean my Australian (S. crassipes) they’re endemic to Queensland which is currently 75F rn - the other specimens I’m concerned about are all from the places i listed in my last comment

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
I’m experiencing -40 weather aswell but one space heater does the trick for me.

I haven’t read every single comment so sorry if I bring something up that’s already been answered. How big is the room and how small if your heater? Any sufficient heater should heat up any average size room pretty well, unless the house has extremely poor ventilation.