EMERGENCY has she died???

Shelley Cherry

Arachnopeon
Hi all.
I've kept Ts for a few years and NEVER encountered this.
My adult female Rosie is unresponsive and floppy not in death curl.
I bought her from a pet shop about 4 years ago. The owner said he had had her for a year and was given to him as owner couldn't care for her. He didn't know her age.
She usually molts no problem.
I went to try and feed her 2 days ago and she had settled into a vertical position on the side of the viv sort of with her back resting on her hide.
She has not moved since. I thought she just picked a weird place to molt as she hadn't eaten for a while.
She's now not moving at all. I put her in an ICU and still nothing.
No smell, death curl but she is just floppy.
Has she passed on?!?
I love her so much she was always my favourite T I'm devastated.
There isn't even a vet who deals with Ts in my town and I don't know what to do.
Please help.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Can you please post pictures of her? That will help people help you.
It could be that she was trying to molt but didn't make it.
An icu is not a good idea for this species, they need it bone dry. When did she last molt or eat?

Shelley Cherry

Arachnopeon
Can you please post pictures of her? That will help people help you.
It could be that she was trying to molt but didn't make it.
An icu is not a good idea for this species, they need it bone dry. When did she last molt or eat?
Thanks for replying Andrea.
She hasn't eaten for say 6/8 weeks.
I will upload a pic.
She's in ICU now should I take her out?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You ruled out it being a Mature Male?
That doesn't look good. However, it was probably wild caught, so there is no telling how old she actually is. It could be that it's simply her time. There isn't any leaking or wounds?
There is not much you can do except for keeping her warm and dark. I wish there was more I could do for you. Don't give up just yet, but it doesn't look good. :(

Shelley Cherry

Arachnopeon
You ruled out it being a Mature Male?
That doesn't look good. However, it was probably wild caught, so there is no telling how old she actually is. It could be that it's simply her time. There isn't any leaking or wounds?
There is not much you can do except for keeping her warm and dark. I wish there was more I could do for you. Don't give up just yet, but it doesn't look good. :(
Thanks, Andrea.
She is definitely an AF.
Is there nothing I could try? She's my baby I'm still in shock.
Should I put her back in her viv?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
There isn't anything else you can do I can think of. Placing her back in her viv might be bad if she is trying to molt, but if the high humidity is bothering her, it is better to return her.
It's just a sad waiting game now :(

I need to get to work, best of luck with her!

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Floppy and unresponsive unfortunately usually means the tarantula has passed. If you mean floppy when you moved her and the legs and abdomen just flop and there's no other actual movement.

Shelley Cherry

Arachnopeon
Floppy and unresponsive unfortunately usually means the tarantula has passed. If you mean floppy when you moved her and the legs and abdomen just flop and there's no other actual movement.
Yes she's just floppy. Legs can be moved if I touch them if that makes sense. But she isn't responding to anything. Just lying there.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately I also agree that it appears it is gone. ICU is not really a benefit to most species in most situations, for future reference. Of course I hope you don't have to go through this again for a long time.

As stated above there is no way to determine the actual age unless you had raised it from birth and kept track. Given the situation you described of the history prior to you acquiring it I would guess it's a wild caught specimen.

Sorry for your loss @Shelley Cherry

Hope You would like to get another in time. Let us know if you do and we can help.

Shelley Cherry

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your support.
I have my other Ts but she was always my special girl.
I will use this as a sad learning curve regarding the ICU too-thank you for the advice.
Goodbyes are never nice but she will have a nice burial.
Thank you all, again.