EMERGENCY!! Chaco Golden Knee Convulsing

ChacoForest

Arachnopeon
I need help. My 6 year old Chaco Golden Knee is convulsing and curling and is unresponsive to touch. He isn’t dehydrated but I recently moved to a new house and he has been very unhappy for the past week. He has not be exposed to any chemicals or household sprays, no other pets, nothing.

Is he dying?? What can I do for him??

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Do you have a picture or video? That will help people help you

Poonjab

Arachnoking
That doesn’t look good. I’m thinking he potentially took a fatal fall. That’s an exoterra which is too much height for a terrestrial. Keep in mind I’m only speculating here. Abdomen does look a tad small, but hard to tell from pic.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
That's a mature male that is reaching his age. Sadly there isn't much to be done as it appears that he's going to pass soon due to old age.

ChacoForest

Arachnopeon
That doesn’t look good. I’m thinking he potentially took a fatal fall. That’s an exoterra which is too much height for a terrestrial. Keep in mind I’m only speculating here. Abdomen does look a tad small, but hard to tell from pic.
He’s been in this tank for over a year and has never attempted to climb up the sides. Its one of the shorter tanks, not a high one. His abdomen is small because he has refused to eat for a few weeks, now. But I did see him drinking water earlier today, he was hanging out in his water dish.

ChacoForest

Arachnopeon
That's a mature male that is reaching his age. Sadly there isn't much to be done as it appears that he's going to pass soon due to old age.
That makes me so sad... he was doing so well before the move. I think it was just too much for him.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
He’s been in this tank for over a year and has never attempted to climb up the sides. Its one of the shorter tanks, not a high one. His abdomen is small because he has refused to eat for a few weeks, now. But I did see him drinking water earlier today, he was hanging out in his water dish.
Good possibility it is what @Liquifin stated.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
When did he last moult?

He looks indeed like a very old MM who just reaches his end. I'm sorry. :(

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Well, when he had his ultimate moult two years ago, then it could be clearly the end of the road for him. Mature males don't moult again, there're exceptions, but they almost never end well.

ChacoForest

Arachnopeon
Well, when he had his ultimate moult two years ago, then it could be clearly the end of the road for him. Mature males don't moult again, there're exceptions, but they almost never end well.
Its so scary to watch... he keeps convulsing and falling to the side... then he curls up and goes still. A few moments later, it happens again.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Maybe you could think about euthanising him. I've never done it so far but I think people suggest to first put him in the fridge to put him under and then in the freezer.

Ah Lee

Arachnosquire
To have gone 2 years since his ultimate moult, I would say you had given him the best care you could have mate. I'm sorry but sadly it seems his time has come.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I am very sorry for your loss.

You got lucky and the improper housing wasn't the cause of his death. But, I would suggest you do some research here before getting another T.

If it wasn't his natural life's end, he could have died climbing and falling from the excessive height in his enclosure.

ChacoForest

Arachnopeon
I am very sorry for your loss.

You got lucky and the improper housing wasn't the cause of his death. But, I would suggest you so some research here before getting another T.

If it wasn't his natural life's end, he could have died climbing and falling from the excessive height in his enclosure.
Thanks for your opinion. My other 5 tarantulas are doing just fine.