Emerald Skeleton

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
do i keep my emerald skeleton the same way i keep my other species, just by overflowing the water dish every other day? or is there any specific way into keeping Emerald's?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
do i keep my emerald skeleton the same way i keep my other species, just by overflowing the water dish every other day? or is there any specific way into keeping Emerald's?
That’s not how I kept mine, but my way isn’t the only way.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Your other species? Random species different genera? Species in the same genus?

also over flowing the water dish every other day is a very odd way to do things.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire

also over flowing the water dish every other day is a very odd way to do things.
i mean not every single one i do the same i wasnt going to type each way i do it Lol, like my costa rica zebra likes its substrate moist it created 3-4 tunnels and molted twice i spray it down when its dry ,
my mexican fire leg doesnt like moist sub it climed the enclosure when i moistened it up, when its dry he is always on the ground so i over flow its water dish i can go on With every other tarantula i have

i just want to learn more ways 😪can you help or anyone else

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i just want to learn more ways 😪can you help or anyone else
No magic here, I add a few drops of water every and now then. I don't like overflowing dishes as the water usually collects under the dish, which may lead to mold growth. Not a big issue, but mold can get out of control w/the right conditions. Plus I travel a lot, no need to come home to a mold cloud in a T container.

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
No magic here, I add a few drops of water every and now then. I don't like overflowing dishes as the water usually collects under the dish, which may lead to mold growth. Not a big issue, but mold can get out of control w/the right conditions. Plus I travel a lot, no need to come home to a mold cloud in a T container.
what do you mean a few drops like ?

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Do yourself the favor of learning the scientific names and only stickin with using those. It’ll be a lot more beneficial to you in the long run so folks have an immediate understanding of which T you’re referring to! 😬

Angelo303

Arachnosquire
Do yourself the favor of learning the scientific names and only stickin with using those. It’ll be a lot more beneficial to you in the long run so folks have an immediate understanding of which T you’re referring to! 😬
damn my bad sorry

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Last I remember, "Emerald Skeleton" is the common name for the species Ephebopus uatuman. All Ephebopus species, except Ephebopus foliatus which isn't in the pet trade, live a fossorial lifestyle in the damp soil of the rainforests of Brazil, Guyana, and French Guiana. In captivity, they will require several inches of damp soil to construct a tubular burrow which features a large funnel shape at the opening made of silk and loose soil. You won't be able to keep the Emerald Skeleton by just overflowing the water dish every other day. You will need to pour water directly into the soil as if you were watering a plant so all of the soil becomes wet and repeat when it becomes dry. How you do this depends on whether you have a small spiderling in a small container such as a vial or a full grown adult housed in a large container.