Eleodes beetles living with millipedes?

NocturnalSkies

Arachnopeon
I got a Sonoran desert millipede today with the intention of keeping it in my desert beetle tank. Gave the Pede a little section of soil mixed with sand so it can burrow away from the beetles if it wants to. Everyone seems to be getting along except one of my Eleodes darklings seems to be intent on grasping the pede and trying to seemingly gnaw on it and run away. The 2 Eleodes are definitely the most aggressive in the tank but have never killed or harmed anyone else in there including when I had velvet ants with them in the past. All the beetle species sometimes get into ridiculous looking fights with each other that never end in anything else then all parties playing dead so I figured the Orthoporus would be an ok addition. Anyone have experience doing this? Could the darkling actually harm the pede at all? If so I’ll jusy move the millipede somewhere else.

egyptiancrow

Arachnobaron
I got a Sonoran desert millipede today with the intention of keeping it in my desert beetle tank. Gave the Pede a little section of soil mixed with sand so it can burrow away from the beetles if it wants to. Everyone seems to be getting along except one of my Eleodes darklings seems to be intent on grasping the pede and trying to seemingly gnaw on it and run away. The 2 Eleodes are definitely the most aggressive in the tank but have never killed or harmed anyone else in there including when I had velvet ants with them in the past. All the beetle species sometimes get into ridiculous looking fights with each other that never end in anything else then all parties playing dead so I figured the Orthoporus would be an ok addition. Anyone have experience doing this? Could the darkling actually harm the pede at all? If so I’ll jusy move the millipede somewhere else.
they can and might bite your pede, yes
generally speaking unless you dont care if it dies, you shouldnt house a really speedy active insect like darklings with a slow moving and mostly blind creature like a millie. its possible theyll not do anything, but its also very possible they will.

if you want a live millipede guarantee, house it alone or with its own kind.