• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Eight Legs Plus <Tommy Agosta>

Lasiodora

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

I also know Tommy spiders and he's a great person. He's very friendly and is extremely knowledgeable about tarantulas. He has a great assortment of T's and other inverts. If there's a spider you're looking for then he most likely has it. He also has a great deal of experience with breeding them. He'll be at the nov 2nd 2002 NY white plains reptile show. I've purchased all 11 spiders I own from him. They are all beautiful top quality T's.

Last edited:

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Positive

I have bought from Tommy a couple of times, and must say he knows his stuff. He has a huge selection, and is always willing to answer any of my questions. I look forward to buying from him agian!:)

Last edited:

Waxen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive

I've purchased 10-15 tarantula's from Tommy and without a doubt he is the most knowledgeable and friendly Invert dealer in the NJ area. He goes to the White Plains shows, Hamburg, and was at the NARBC in November of this year. His is without a doubt the largest dealer of Inverts at all 3 shows and his wide selection of T's is astounding. I can't say enough about 8 Leg's Plus or Tommy to assure you of the quality of inverts and great deals he makes on his selection. I have never left his table unsatisfied except for wishing I could purchase more T's. Purchase from him with the utmost confidence that you are getting the very best in T quality.

-Jason

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Arachnoboards Note

Due to a bug in the forum software. Older reviews of Eight Legs Plus can be found here.

Thanks,

The Arachnoboards Team

NeyNey

Arachnopeon
POSITIVE

Although this thread is old, I have to add to it! Almost all of my T's are from Tommy (15 of 20)...He is very knowledgeable, friendly and reliable. I have never had a problem with ANY of the T's I bought from him...all are healthy, vibrant and amazing! I was introduced to 8 Legs Plus through a friend and now he's the first stand I migrate to at any White Plains or Hamburg show I attend! I tend to spend all my dough with him and never have any left for herps!

Spiderface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
8 Legs plus...MODS PLEASE CHECK

NEGATIVE
MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE THIS IF IT IS NOT ACCEPTIBLE OR MOVE IT IF I HAVE PLACED IT IN THE WRONG LOCATION!
I had two seperate negative experiences with 8 legs plus in reguards to the customer service. The first time was Apr 22nd at the reptile show in Hamburg,Pa. I showed up at Tommy's table and began to look over his spiders trying to decide. As I approached the table I was not acknowledged by anyone at first which is normal at these shows. Eventually his wife did answer questions for me and she was helpful but As for Mr Agosta he stayed far away which was also not a problem for me.

I started to notice that Tommy was giving me dirty looks and was speaking to the people behind the table with him but looking directly at me. I wasn't sure what he was saying so assumed it was my imagination since this guy does not know me and he is a dealer he would not intentionally be rude to a potential customer. I approached him at the far end of the table to ask him a question and he turned and walked away rolling his eyes and the brunette behind the table saw the whole thing and looked at me and laughed. So now i was getting irritated. I went back to his wife and she was still helpful and we made a deal for 2 spiderlings and I left.

My second encounter with 8legs plus was this past weekend on June 3rd also at Hamburg. I approached Tommy's table where I saw some friends i had made from another forum. I introduced myself to them and we talked a little and my friend asked if I was getting the GBB that I mentioned to her before...Tommy's wife overheard us talking and she was again helpful and said that we do not have any GBB slings. I replied sadly " oh you don't" to which Tommy replied "SO SUE ME" and again with the dirty looks. I wanted to ask him what his problem was but I decided to keep my composure since I was in front of people that I know from a forum I frequent and meeting them in person for the first time I did not want to be lashing out at anyone during my first 60 seconds of meeting them.lol.

This is my opinion of 8legs plus. They have a decent display of spiders for sale but I found the overall customer service experience to be horrible and I will not be giving them anymore money. Now Botar will be getting my business at that show. SORRY THIS WAS SO LENGHTY!

MODERATORS PLEASE DELETE THIS IF IT IS NOT ACCEPTIBLE!!!

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Positive!!

I've made multiple purchases from Tommy and every single time it's been nothing but a great experience. He is as knowledgable a person that I have encountered since getting started again and he's never refused to share any of it or offer help. I've seen him get swamped at shows and still give people information they need when none of that was required. He's gone out of his way to help me and it's truly appreciated. His selection and prices are unbeatable. Buying at shows is much different than online. Hectic is a word that comes to mind yet he's still able to accommodate as many people as he can. I've spent more money buying from Tommy than anyone else and reason for it is he is without a doubt one of the best and I will continue to make purchases from him whenever I can!

webchick

Arachnopeon
A+!!!

:clap: Went to the Northern Berks show this past weekend and picked up a few new pets from them. Tommy & Gina were very helpful and answered all of our questions. Not only had a good selection of T's but all were very healthy. Plus we got a very good deal on the 5 T's we bought. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them.

mackids

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Positive +

I should have posted this sooner but I purchased a B. Smithi while attending the reptile show in whiteplains NY. It already molted and it starting to show color. I enjoyed my experience dealing with Tom. I look forward to dealing with him again!

Thoth

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Positive

Picked up from Tommy, Frank and crew at the White Plains Show a couple of Australian ts, P.ornata and B.emilia. Nice deal deal on the group and were patient as I stared at their stock like a deer caught in headlights unable to make up my mind. Would buy from them again.

Too bad they don't schlep up to Manchester Show.

luna

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive!!! Tommy Agosta is the Man!!!

Finding the right spot to post a reveiw for Eight Legs Plus is difficult!

I know that there has to be other places because I have left positive comments myself! Maybe somebody can find them all and combine them because I know tons of members depend on this guy to get their spiders.

Tommy is a great guy and his spiders are the best.... awsome selection, health and value. You can't go wrong stopping at his table first. Its the only place to get spiders of interest at the White Plains show.

Today I got the beautiful blue babies package. One Poecilotheria metallica for the best price I have heard yet and two little Avicularia versicolors thrown in for free. I think I am finally satisfied for a while. I didn't think this would ever happen but I can relax. I am now happy with my collection...

Thank you so much,

Cheri

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
POSITIVE

tommy is really cool. i get most of my t's from him. great selection and good prices. i've been dealing with him for at least 10 years now and never had any problem at all.

moose