eh... spider!?

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Today I whent to the local petshop and saw a little spider running around *quite fat* I got the guy to put him in a little bag for me. When I got home I found out it looks almost exactly in body type like a brown recluse only its half an inch, is gray and has a dark gray stripe where normally a brown recluse would have a violin pattern it also has the same abdomen color as a brown recluse but with a violin pattern on it instead of the carapace.

Most likely same genus. Arg I wish I had a good camera that could make out the details

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Spider

If you dont mind me asking where you live that would be helpful as the location can help in the ID of the spider. Its very possible you could have a spider of the family Clubionidae. They are quite common and are closely related to Loxosceles. The species Cheiracanthium mildei is a very common species that carries a violin-like marking on the abdomen.

Alex S.

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats just the problem it hitched a ride with a shipment of crickets from god knows where.
So I can only narrow it down to the US.

Last edited:

johns

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it hitched a ride with a box full of crickets, then it's probably Thanatus vulgaris, a common pest species...:)

Check out pronty's website, look under crab spiders(.04 jpg)

Last edited: