Eggsac Update

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
A while back I posted about catching my L. difficilis in the act of destroying her eggsac. With some timely advice from LaRiz and John Hoke, I was able to rescue and incubate a few of the eggs. As of now I have a whole 7 spiderlings in the 1st instar stage and about a dozen more " eggs with legs"(still keeping my fingers crossed for some of those though).

Thanks guys:) . I'll keep you posted.

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm glad to hear that some are going to make it. Did you ever find out why the mother would do that?

Big Dragonfly

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by JP version 1.0
A while back I posted about catching my L. difficilis in the act of destroying her eggsac. With some timely advice from LaRiz and John Hoke, I was able to rescue and incubate a few of the eggs. As of now I have a whole 7 spiderlings in the 1st instar stage and about a dozen more " eggs with legs"(still keeping my fingers crossed for some of those though).

Thanks guys:) . I'll keep you posted.
I'll keep mine crossed for you as well...:)

Peace,
Gillian

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
I'm glad to hear that some are going to make it. Did you ever find out why the mother would do that?

Big Dragonfly
From what I've read, heard from others and experienced myself it's still a mystery. I can say that she was not disturbed and obviously, at least some of her eggs were viable.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
that's great news! Keep us posted on how many make it. do you have an estimate on how many eggs in the sac total?
This is good information for the rest of us, since it does happen now and again.
I've been lucky so far with my moms, but sooner or later it's bound to happen!

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Maybe she thought she didnt have the space for the babies? Who knows how their minds work?

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's a small litter, but I guess it's understandable given the circumstances. At least some will make it :)