Eggsac Question

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Probaly very stupid, but I couldn't find anything in search, maybe I'm not familiar with the proper terms to search for. I found an eggsac in a small wolf spiders container... at first I thought it was mold from a cricket bit but upon further inspection I noticed it was saucer shaped and was yellow/orangish in the middle. This spider was caught in the house so I don 't know how to tell if the eggs are fertile or not. If they are I would most likely leave them, if she eats the slings she eats them, but if they are not fertile I would like to pull it out and examine the contents of the case, possibly throw some of it under a microscope. Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Most true spiders if eggs are produced they are viable. Since you caught it in the house it proberly mated before you caught it. You can just leave it in there. They are not known to eat there eggs that often so you should be safe.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks alot.. I will get a picture asap, once I see my aunt who has the apprioate lenses to focus in... I like it because it's not near as big as the southern wolf spiders so it's sort of unique in a way..Thanks again.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well the sac is gone, so I assume she ate it...unless it just got up and walked away, but I doubt that happened.{D Does anyone think I should have fed her more after she produced the sac? I only gave her one cricket when I found the sac, but I usually give her 2 on mondays and 1 on fridays, but I didn't want to scare her or have the crickets nibble on the sac so I held off. :(