Eggs!

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got a big suprise from my female okeetee corn snake yesterday....I put her in a holding container while I cleaned out her cage yesterday morning, and when I went to put her back in her normal cage, i found an egg in the smaller container with her. :) I didn't want to disturb her any more than I already had(probably should've paid more attention to her) so I left her in there overnight last night, and now she has six more eggs :D I'm happy, and completely suprised, though I should have expected it. I'll have pics later.

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats cool, thats also a nice boa you have on your icon, do you own that boa ??

Sam,

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I do indeed own the boa, well, maybe the other way around. :) As for the eggs, after all was done, my corn laid a dozen, but the majority of them were slugs, or no good. I do have a few that are good eggs, so I'm not too bummed about the rest. I just can't wait to see what the little ones are going to look like.

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thats really awesome. Im hoping someday my Sandboas will produce some little children. My female needs to be much bigger though. Right now she is 86 grams, but I want her at 130-150. Sand Boas give live birth which must be pretty cool to watch.

Good luck with the eggs. I made an attempt at breeding corns once, but I couldnt get hold of a male snake, which was after I put her through a 3 month hibernation period to prepare her. Kinda disappointing.