Eggs with legs question

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, having my first succesfull sac with a bunch of little eggs with legs. I have not seen too much info on how long it takes them to go from this stage to a sling. In your experience, about how long was the process?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Being as I know what species you are speaking of.......:D

Typically between 7-12 days...... I have had a few sacs go longer and a few shorter.... but you should see them darken up soon and molt soon after that.
High humidity levels at this stage will insure sucessful molts from all the eggs with legs. Shoot for 75-80%.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
The Species is Brachypelma smithi.. they are slow growers when young JT...so have fun!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I knew that I was keeping track of his breeding forum post. I am happy for you really, congrats, there really are not that many sucessful breedings in the US of Smithi.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok, having my first succesfull sac with a bunch of little eggs with legs. I have not seen too much info on how long it takes them to go from this stage to a sling. In your experience, about how long was the process?
If you have Brachypelma smithi, IME it usually takes at least 30 days. (This is estimated because it can take longer) It also depends on the enviroment they are being kept too. Good luck with your new arrivals and keep us posted.

Brian

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
30 days from eggs with legs to slings? No way........ I hope you mean from sac production to eggs with legs. I have never had eggs with legs take longer then I think 17 days to molt to the next stage and become mobile.

prey

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
grats

Very happy for you. I have nine (purchased) B. smithi of varied maturity, from slings thru juvie. Not as slow of growers as I might have thought!
My experience with H. lividum at 82F is fetal-looking "eggs w/legs" on Jan. 18 and free-crawling, blue spiders w/ marked, furry abs still full of yellow (but fully able to right themselves from being upside-down) by Mar. 14