Eggs with legs question

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My P. fasciata laid a sac a little more than a week ago and I decided to pull it today and set it up in an artificial incubator. This is the first sac that I have produced so I was expecting to see the "eggs with legs" moving. They look like big bloated ticks with tiny legs but the legs aren't squirming. Is this normal? I am assuming the eggs just haven't developed enough to facilitate movement but I don't know. What do you guys think?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It just hasn't been long enough. Alot of breeders opt to leave the sac with the mother for about 30 days. That's when they typically find "eggs with legs" or nymphs. Just keep them in the incubator and check again in a week or two. On the bright side... you know for a fact that it's a fertile sac! No worries. ;)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They have one more molt to go before they are somewhat more mobile. Really? They have legs at the one week mark? Interesting......

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If they are eggs with legs, it's been more than one week. Try at least three. And yes, it's normal to have no movement. If you look very, very closely, you'll find they do move periodically, just very, very minutely.

fantasticp

Arachnocompulsive
Old Timer
They will molt into eggs with longer legs that will move if you blow on them, then a mobile spider. The first stage of eggs w/legs do not move.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
congrats on the breeding man.id be interested in buying a few if u sell them

ARACHNO-TRIO

Arachnopeon
ei bro.. what temp. do you incubate ur T eggs? my T just layed a sac.. should i separate it from the female or leave it for 30 days or so?

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I keep my invert room at a constant 80F. I seperated the sac from the female 8 days after I found her carrying it. The eggs are now set up in an incubator.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, the timing seems a little confused... possibly what happened to you happened to me... my G. rosea disappeared into her burrow for months and months after i mated her... and when i finally saw the eggsac she had actually had it for ~45-60 days! it popped only a few days after i removed it, heh

anyhow, for the first 2 weeks after a tarantula lays an eggsac they need almost constant attention. they need to be kneeded and the sac needs to be constantly rotated in all three dimensions.

after the first two weeks or so it doesn't seem like it is as critical... but the eggsac still needs to be rolled and maybe kneeded a bit every few hours

at about a month you can drop the rotational cycle down to a few times a day with relatively little chance of things going wrong.

oh, also, to sort of head of one potentiality that i don't believe is possible... i don't believe the eggs could have done any developing in the mom before she laid them. i believe the eggs and sperm are mixed on the way out, as the eggsac is formed, and not any sooner.