Egg Sacks???

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Hello this may be a stupid question but I am realy realy curious so here it goes.... Is there anyway I can purchase an Egg sack and have it survive shipping? I want to raise little spiderlings but EVERY Tarantula of mine is Female and I am not sure if any of them are Mature yet and do not know exactly how to tell. also if it is possable were do i get one and how much would it cost? I hope i dont sound too stupid

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It would probably be a lot better if you just buy some spiderlings. Buying an eggsac would be a huge gamble because you don't even know if you're getting a fertile eggsac.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
yea that is true. I just wanted the expieriance of incubating and seeing eggs with legs that is why i am asking about egg sacks

Twillis10

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You would be way better off just trying to breed them yourself. I think it would also be a better experience overall.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
yea that is true. I just wanted the expieriance of incubating and seeing eggs with legs that is why i am asking about egg sacks
Just get a male. They are very cheap. Also, many people are looking to send theirs for a 50/50 spiderling share.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK.. I dont want to be the first one to sound rude or anything.. PLEASE dont take this as me being rude either.. Because I am not trying to be..

But.. If you can not look at your T as say if its a MF or not.. Then you need to do a bit more research before you try breeding or even worrying about experianing an egg sac incubation..

As been stated.. It would be alot easier to breed.. Im not sure if anyone knows how shipping would affect an egg sac.. Im not even sure if anyone has ever shipped one.. There has however been topics about it in the past..
I believe someone wanted to ship their egg sac because they decided they didnt want it.. I think they said "It was a fun idea at first.." Not real sure but thats what I think I read..

Anyways.. The point that I am trying to say.. Do a bit more research on the critters you have.. If you find out they are breedable... Do MORE research on breeding.. Once you have done that.. Do more research on egg sac incubation.. Once that is al done & you feel completely ready.. Then breed..

That way.. You know what to expect.. How the female is going to act.. What the body language is of a receptive female or a hungry female.. How many offspring you are looking to get off one sac.. How to incubate the sac.. When the slings are eggs with legs/1st instar/2nd instar... When the slings are ready to eat.. What they eat & how to feed them.. So on & so on.....

Again.. None of this is to discourage you from giving it all a go..

When I started in the hobby.. My G. rosea gave me a surprise egg sac 30 days after I got her.. I didnt do a lick of research on any of that.. I wasnt even thinking of anything but when to get my next critter.. My mind wasnt on breeding or egg sac incubation..

I had to do all the research on the fly... Its not fun.. This is why I am saying do it all in advance.. It makes everything easier.. It is also makes this more safe for your critters when you mate them... That way you know what ot expect..

Anyways.. Enough gibber jabber... Good luck.. :)

barabootom

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's easy to ship an egg sac, and as long as the sac already contains eggs with legs, it will survive just fine. As previously stated, you wouldn't know if it was a good sac or a bad sac until it's opened. I don't know who would ship an egg sac these days unless it were a very common specie. It would be a better learning experience to breed your own and see the whole process. By buying a sac, yo'ure really seeing the tail end of the process. If you just want a large number of slings, watch the boards because sling deals pop up regularly for common species.

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
Thank you everyone! (redneck I didnt think you were rude at all!) last night I did do some reserch to see if any of my rosea's were mature and it turns out they all are! My origonal thought was to breed them but I dont want any of my girls to nom anyones male! I am going to learn all I can about breeding and then give it a shot! if anyone has a mature male who might want to get lucky with a few of my girls please tell me!

Again thank everyone!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you everyone! (redneck I didnt think you were rude at all!) last night I did do some reserch to see if any of my rosea's were mature and it turns out they all are! My origonal thought was to breed them but I dont want any of my girls to nom anyones male! I am going to learn all I can about breeding and then give it a shot! if anyone has a mature male who might want to get lucky with a few of my girls please tell me!

Again thank everyone!
Glad you didnt take that as me being rude.. :)

So a few question in line here.. What do you plan to do with G. rosea slings? {D They are not easy to get rid of since they are so common..

How far are your girls in their molt cycle?
I am going to say its probably safe to say they are all W/C.. (Or are they CB?)
If they are infact W/C specimens.. Have they molted in your care? If no..
How long have they been in your care? If not for very long then there might be a very good chance that they are gravid.. Im not saying they are.. Just that there is a chance they had their fun before they were captured..

I had this happen to me twice.. One female (Rosie) had 250 eggs.. The other female (Daisy) didnt build the sac well enough & the eggs & other liquids were dripping out of the sac..

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um in your profile it says(saw it the other day too..)
I have two grammostola roseas'! Winston is male and Amy is female. (currently Gravid)
Why did you need to worry about buying a sac?

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Um in your profile it says(saw it the other day too..)
I have two grammostola roseas'! Winston is male and Amy is female. (currently Gravid)
Why did you need to worry about buying a sac?
I didnt even look at the OP's profile until you said this..

Now I am curious as well.. :?

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
yea That was from a while ago when I first got on this site. I got a wild cought Female from my LPS who ended up making a eggsack and then decided she was going to eat it :( I was realy excited about it but apparently she wasnt... since then I have gotten 5 more Rosea's from KenTheBugGuy and they ALL are 100% female. I am not sure if they are WC but they dont seem to be. My WC female has molted twice already and all the others once so far.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yea That was from a while ago when I first got on this site. I got a wild cought Female from my LPS who ended up making a eggsack and then decided she was going to eat it :( I was realy excited about it but apparently she wasnt... since then I have gotten 5 more Rosea's from KenTheBugGuy and they ALL are 100% female. I am not sure if they are WC but they dont seem to be. My WC female has molted twice already and all the others once so far.
Well, it doesnt explain why you write one is male!

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I Started with two Amy and Winston. Amy is my WC female and Winston was my small male who I ended up selling about three weeks ago. He was a small immature male anyway. I got the 5 from Ken and they are all female. In total I have 7 Rosea's.

Jeeze I got alot of explaining to do for asking about an egg sack haha I feel I need to write my whole life story on here XD I have around 23 T's in total.

6 G.Rosea
5 A.Anex
5 A.Avic
6 B.Smithi
1 H.Villosella

I want to expieriance breeding but only my G.Roseas are old enough and untill recently I didnt think they were (besides Amy but she isnt in the right place to breed due to molting schedule). If my B.Smithis were mature I would breed them instead but they are only slings and 2 inch t's

sorry for all the comfusion ill keep my profile more up to date now