Egg Sack Question

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
My L. parahybana and my Flame Leg both laid Sacks about 1 Month ago. My Flame leg seems to wonder away from hers alot but does go back. Should I pull them or is it still to early yet?

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations, Bill! When or whether to pull the egg sac is a very controversial topic! I've only been party to 3 sacs and, as I was not trying to produce these particular spiders, I let them stay with the moms. One sac of P. meridionalis (which I think has been renamed) and one G. rosea sac good:clap: , one G. rosea sac munched!:eek: , tho' I did manage to save a dozen of the little buggers.
It's good to hear that you are doing well. If you stop by Lansing, make sure to drop by Preuss and say hi.

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Hey Jason. Now that things are starting to slow down I plan on making it down that way soon. I just started a new job and leave for 2 weeks training in Mt. Clemens. Im managing a Store for general Dollar so Im back to retail Managment. What a bummer but its a job.

Anyways I did open the Flame Legs Sack and it looked like they all dried out and nothihng even started forming yet. I'm not looking forward to wrestling with my L. parahybana. Shes a monster but luckly she is normaly pretty melloy.

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I asked AB member Anastasia about her L. parahybana eggsac and she said this,
Anastasia said:
tell him to pull out sacs and open them(carefully is he ever handled the sac? have to be piked up only by the top part, open real careful)and see if its any good, if it is depends on what stage it is put it in incubator till lilltle ones molt out to slings, good luck( I had over 1000 parahybana slings noone really wants them unless you give em away)
so I dont really think T market is great now

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anastasia, sorry if I have misstepped. Are there any details you would like to specify for Bill?
I have heard stories about this particular parahybana. Monstrous big but with an unusually docile personality. I beleive that both John Apple and Tangled Web John have met her.
I would love an opportunity to purchase one of her slings. I wonder to what extent personality is genetic? There are so many similarities in personality, ie. shy, aggressive, outgoing, wants you dead and all bipeds that look like you, etc. within a species. There are exceptions, like the aggro rosie or the sweet heart OBT (I've seen it), but most A. avics are similar, most Haplopelma in general, many personality similarities in certain Poke species. A given species is expected to act a certain way.
My question is, when these anomalies, like Bills paraybana, pop up, are their descendent's more likely to conform to the norm for their species or to follow the anomaly of the parent?
Aww, it's all just one big genetic crapshoot anyways, I suppose.
Anyways, any advice anybody has for Bill here would be hot!

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JZ,
you PM'd me with question for a friend
to pull or not to pull, its all depends on alot of present factors that I dont know of (temperature, humidity ETC)
I just gave you my personal opinion, what I would do
I really dont know how much ur friend knows about tarantulas
and I wish him good luck
Only if I knew u will be posting my private message in thread on the boards
I may express my self bit differently and may skip sum tarantula business opinions
advice to ur friend to read this boards, here is alots of voluble information
Best of luck, Anastasia

Quality Exotics

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the Info. I did pull it and set it up and everything has gone great. I had so many I split them up into 2 cantainers and they are now crawling up the sides. Will it hurt them to have such a Big Dogpile in the Middle? There has to be well over 1000. They are starting to darking up a little but I dont think they are ready to Molt yet but they are not far off. Now that I pulled the Egg she is a Bit mad. She actualy slaped at me with her front legs a bit but didnt bare any Fangs. I guess I would be mad also if I was her but shes still pretty Calm.