Egg Sac Q

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just pulled an Avic. avic. sac. Has lots of N2 inside it. My question is this, should I leave them inside the sac and place them in the incubator, or just place them in the incubator outside of the sac?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If by N2 you mean second instar, I'd place them in seperate containers already.

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
In sequence

Eggs are called Embreyos
Shed
Eggs with legs are called Post Embreyos
Shed
Eggs with legs still with yellow are (1st Instar)
Shed
Then shed into 2nd instar where they will need to be seperated.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Humidity is still a big issue at this point......... but taking them out of the sac and giving them some room is not a bad thing. Here are some pics of the setup I use and its pretty failsafe.
Pour the eggs into a coffee filter. If you want to split them up some thats ok maybe two containers......
The filters go into dry containers.
Then the containers go into another container that has wet papertowels on the bottem of it. This is your humitidy source. Make sure the lid you use on the big container has holes in it, Not to many but some for ventilation. You dont need to rotate anymore if they are all eggs with legs.

I use this method because it lets all of the eggs lay flat and not on top of eachother. There is no sticking and no issues. Keep warm and open the lid once or twice a day just to check on them. This method also prevents things like the hammock breaking for unforseen reasons and the eggs getting in the wet substrate. This method makes that impossible. Humidity in the container will be perfect to at about 72-77%, adn try and keep them at 76-78 degrees. 80 can be but is the max.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The molt right before eggs 1st instar.
I'm gonna guess post embryos then. If that is the case, do what talkenlate said to do. That's the method I used and it worked fine. Good luck. Watch the humidity though, I wouldn't let it get too high or too low with these species.

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If they are walking on their own, you can take them out and keep them an Incubator. Some just put them on slightly moist paper towels in a deli cup. don't let them dry out and keep them warm.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea, i had read it was egg--->N1 (eggs with legs)--->N2 (eggs with legs just more mobile)----> Sling. It may have been a european site and we know all about the debat we just had as to what to call a pre-sling.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You also can pull sacs a bit earlier to with this method because rotating them becomes the easiest thing in the world. You just pick up one container and give it a gental circle motion and they all get evenly rotated. Do that twice a day and they make it just fine.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You also can pull sacs a bit earlier to with this method because rotating them becomes the easiest thing in the world. You just pick up one container and give it a gental circle motion and they all get evenly rotated. Do that twice a day and they make it just fine.
I actually just let the mom do that for me. :D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The mom method is just fine. I leave most of mine with the mom for 30-40 days. But with things like Smithi(known to eat sacs for no reason at all) and with my Brachypelma baumgarteni because of the value Ill pull early. Never had a problem with it.

But I leave sacs with moms I know to be good ones.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yea, i had read it was egg--->N1 (eggs with legs)--->N2 (eggs with legs just more mobile)----> Sling. It may have been a european site and we know all about the debat we just had as to what to call a pre-sling.
Yeah, thats the system they use accross the pond. Not here. Good luck with the sack!

-Sean