Egg development

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
So I'm back with some good news and some worries. My Chromatopelma breeding ended up actually resulting in a sac, however now that I've pulled the sac and started incubation I'm starting to worry. The eggs looked good, about 220 of them, pulled at day 21, no EWLs, which didn't really worry me at the time. It's about day 25-26 now and still nothing, we've lost about 10 eggs, but no EWLs at all. I was told Chromatopelma develop fairly quickly, so I'm just a little nervous with my first batch. How long should it usually be before real development? Is it possible they're infertile?

cold blood

Staff member
I wouldn't expect EWLs for at least 30 days...that is when I would have pulled the sac....although I understand the excitement...to have a GBB sac eaten in the final days would be devastating. Just keep them warm, I would think you should start seeing progress within the next week or so.

Best of luck, great sac of babies to have on hand...who doesn't love GBBs?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I wouldn't expect EWLs for at least 30 days...that is when I would have pulled the sac....although I understand the excitement...to have a GBB sac eaten in the final days would be devastating. Just keep them warm, I would think you should start seeing progress within the next week or so.

Best of luck, great sac of babies to have on hand...who doesn't love GBBs?
Thank you! I had heard differently in the past so it's really nice to hear from a reputable source.