egg care 2

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok, some of u may rember i posted about my zebra turatula laying eggs.
some said it looks as if thay are infertal.. well..

now its more of a "ball" with lots more lil eggs in it!
allso she stays right ontop of it, and wont move... when i nuged her with my forseps, she jumped around and lunged at them!!

so, i want to know ALL i need to know to take care of a egg sac!
should i take it out? or leve it with the mom?
if i take it out, how do i incubate the eggs?
what do i need as in supplies?? what do fressh born spiderlings eat, and whear can i find it??
will the mouther eat??
any tips at all will help.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok well leave it with her for 30 days............
Then take it if you want and create a hammock do a search and you will find threads and pictures showing you how.
They will be eggs with legs at that point and you can keep them together. The will molt again and become mobile. On the third molt they are fully mobile and able to feed. At this stage you will need to seperate them.
Lastly when they are that small there are a variety of things you can feed them. legs off an adult cricket, fruit flys, pin head crickets, and I have recently with great results tried aphid cultures.

If you chose to leave it with her after 30 days the sac will hatch eventually providing she does not eat it. But some of the young will have been eaten by other sibblings. Some people allow this to happen because they dont want to take on so many young.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i do u know whear i chould find flightless fruit flies??
at petco thay do have fruitflies, but thay have wings.. how offten whould u feed them too??

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
also dont disturb her as this can make her eat the eggsac.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Na leave her be....... I dont offer prey till after the sac is pulled.

ParabuthusKing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well. I can send you a bunch of flightless fruit flies if you like.. PM. me with your address and I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping, and if you want to send me a few slings that would be awesome too, but more importantly BEST of luck with getting a successful hatchout.. keep us posted :) NAte

domesday

Arachnopeon
i also have the same dilemma. my orphnaecus sp. made an eggsac, it has been 3 weeks from that time. i also want to know the things i should do and when is the proper time of rearing/incubating them myself. thanx... :)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i also have the same dilemma. my orphnaecus sp. made an eggsac, it has been 3 weeks from that time. i also want to know the things i should do and when is the proper time of rearing/incubating them myself. thanx... :)
You might be getting close to eggs with legs.......... anytime you are ready to pull they can be pulled and placed in a hammock.

domesday

Arachnopeon
@talkenlate04
ok, probably ill pull the eggsac out l8r. is it ok if i cut open the eggsac? thanx.. :)

domesday

Arachnopeon
i opened an orphaecus eggsac yesterday. its already 22 days old. this is what i found, the odd thing is that the spiderlings does not seem to move, is it fine? and do you guys think i should layout the eggs from the eggsac? :)

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Now you can make a hammock and dump out the eggs from the sac. This will give them some more room to molt to the next stage. There are threads and I believe a sticky thread about different ways to make a hammock.I think I am spelling that wrong that word looks funny to me....... COngrats on getting this far though, its easy from here all the hard parts are done and over with.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm about a week or two behind you! My female laid her sac about 2 weeks ago! I'm very excited!! This thread is almost like seeing into the future.

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Egg Sac Question

I took the sac from my female A. seemanni at 3 weeks not four, the eggs don't have legs. I put them into an incubator. I actually regret taking the sac from her so soon. The eggs are really hard like bbs. Should I rotate the eggs every couple days, or not necessary?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well if they are hard already then there is nothing you can do for them its a loss. What temp were you keeping the eggs at? Was there plenty of humidity?

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
80%+

The humidity in the Female's cage is about 80%, maybe higher. Total loss huh? Hmmmmmm...

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
70-75 degrees

I kept her cage at around 70-75 degrees too. The average temp. was about 73 degrees.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well if there was no mold or black eggs then all that means is she did not take to the breeding and the eggs were infertile. You proberly did everything you could. At 20 days rotating is less important. If you seen any plump good looking eggs then you might have some chance but if they are all hard like you say then yes its a total loss.