Eek my avic left her egg sac!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Can someone confirm for me that what I'm seeing is five eggs total that look good?
That is what it looks like to me too. From everything I have seen those 5 look good but the rest look like they have gone bad.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Does anyone know if those five might still develop in the incubator is they're left alone?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Does anyone know if those five might still develop in the incubator is they're left alone?
I would clean out the black/shriveled ones and leave those 5 in like you were planning. They look fine from all the vids I have seen so they have a chance of developing.
Maybe someone who had more experience might have better info though.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
They might, but I doubt it. By now, I would have expected EWL. Probably infertile. That really sucks, good luck though!

Sana

Arachnoprince
They might, but I doubt it. By now, I would have expected EWL. Probably infertile. That really sucks, good luck though!
That's sort of where I was at but I don't think it will hurt anything to leave them in the incubator.

cold blood

Staff member
Well that certainly explains the abandonment.:sorry:

You'll get em next time.

My first avic pairing resulted in a fat female that never layed a sac and molted 5 months later...the subsequent 4 all produced sacs, 3 of which were good.

louise f

Arachnoangel
That's sort of where I was at but I don't think it will hurt anything to leave them in the incubator.
Just leave them in the incubator, they can trick you those eggs. Once i had a eggsac from avic with eggs looking just like the ones you think maybe are bad eggs.
I gave them a chance and you know, all of them became little spiderlings because i was being stubbord. :D I hope they develop just fine. Crossing fingers :)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
She probably abandoned the sac because she didn't feel any movement inside. All you can do is give those 5 some time to see if anything happens. Keep the paper towel slightly moist so they don't dry up.

Sana

Arachnoprince
Thank you all so much for all the help with this. @louise f how long were did it take for those eggs to develop? Did you do anything special with them to help them along? We're intending to leave the eggs as they are at the moment in the incubator until I get home.

@Poec54 Those five eggs will shrivel up and go black eventually if they aren't going to develop right? I was planning on leaving them in the incubator until I was pretty sure they wouldn't develop. Are there other indicators I should be looking for?

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Ive never tried breeding but what my first thought after reading @louise f post I would seperated the shriveled ones from the 5 plump ones, but incubate both sets. Personally I wouldn't want to give up in the eggs just yet, but I wouldn't want to take any chances of mold spreading to the good eggs. So that's why I say separate them but incubate both sets equally. (Keep in mind I'm very new to this hobby)

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
@Poec54 Those five eggs will shrivel up and go black eventually if they aren't going to develop right? I was planning on leaving them in the incubator until I was pretty sure they wouldn't develop. Are there other indicators I should be looking for?

That's all you can do at this point, and hope for the best.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Ive never tried breeding but what my first thought after reading @louise f post I would seperate the shriveled ones from the 5 plump ones, but incubate both sets. Personally I wouldn't want to give up in the eggs just yet, but I wouldn't want to take any chances of mold spreading to the good eggs. So that's why I say separate them but incubate both sets equally. (Keep in mind I'm very new to this hobby)

If they're shriveled, they're shot. They're far too delicate to survive something like that.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Thank you all so much for all the help with this. @louise f how long were did it take for those eggs to develop? Did you do anything special with them to help them along? We're intending to leave the eggs as they are at the moment in the incubator until I get home.

It was along time ago, but if I remember right, i am sure it was a little over a month. I did nothing special for them.
I hope it works out for you :)