Ecology Fund

Darkskies

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I apologize in advance if this thread violates the TOS or does not belong on this forum. I have been an avid animal enthusiast for as long as I can remember and I currently have fish, reptiles, and Ts in my house. I love watching nature shows and it always saddens me to know that so much species-rich land is being destroyed on a daily basis. Considering Thanksgiving just ended, I'm thankful for the incredible natural world that we have around us. I imagine many of you feel the same.

For the past few months I have been visiting a website known as ecology fund where you can click for the rainforest and save up to 74.8 feet of land per day for FREE. It literally takes less than a minute to click for the 3 different projects they have available. Registering is a quick process and you save 500 sq feet of land right off of the bat for doing so. It tallies how much land you save every day that you click. If an individual were to click on a daily basis, over the course of one year, he would save land equivalent to several suburban housing lots. If 100 people were to click for the course of one year they would save land equivalent to a whole neighborhood or park. I've already saved 10k feet of land just by clicking daily for less than a minute's worth of my time.

Here's the link if any of you are interested: http://www.ecologyfund.com/ecology/_ecology.html

EDIT: Also, I made the website my home page so it's easy to remember to do it on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Raising livestock is one of the top reasons for habitat destruction and the killing of wildlife who are in competition with livestock farmers. Understanding the ecological impact of what you choose to eat goes a long way in making choices which will not contribute to the loss of ecosystems around the world.
What you don't eat goes a lot further than what you click.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I eat everything that moves including snails and frogs but not like Asians, they are, hands down, impossible to beat since they eat even centipedes, T's and scorpions. Lately I've re-started to eat horse meat and is delicious, IMO more than the donkey one (here in the Northern part of Italy we have a nice tradition when it comes to "the joy of cooking donkey").

Aside for that slightly detail said above, I completely stand for Mother Nature, tout court :pompous:

Bravo!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I'm having a hard time believing that clicking a button is actually saving any land.. We are currently at a Mexican stand off with Native Americans over reservation lands..

Has to be some type of advertising gimmick..

Ps this is far from T chat.. A much better subforum would be TWH.. If only I was a mod:lock:.. Hey since we are spamming for advertising ,like this post if you think I should be a mod;)...