Eauthlus blue and green care

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I've seen some old conversations on here about the care of these guys from when they first came into the hobby , such as keep just with a hide and water dish . Is this still the same or has their care changed ?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
That's about it. Keep them like the typical Brachypelma, perhaps a bit more moist. I'd let the substrate dry out before overflowing their water dish again. They do tend to excavate a bit, so provide enough substrate for them to do so.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I have adult females of both and they rarely dig or move substrate around so in my experience yes. I also overfill the water dish occasionally. you are gonna love the adult colors and crazy mop top of a carapace.

2016-06-24 21.14.33.jpg 2016-06-24 21.13.52.jpg 2015-12-15 11.17.33.jpg

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I have adult females of both and they rarely dig or move substrate around so in my experience yes. I also overfill the water dish occasionally. you are gonna love the adult colors and crazy mop top of a carapace.

View attachment 240621 View attachment 240620 View attachment 240619
Lovely colours , my blue is a sling at the moment . But I can see the green coming trough on my other sling / juvenile already . I also have the Pulcherimaklaasi as well , so guessing the care is the same ?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Lovely colours , my blue is a sling at the moment . But I can see the green coming trough on my other sling / juvenile already . I also have the Pulcherimaklaasi as well , so guessing the care is the same ?
Pulcherimaklaasi is the old name they were moved from, unless you have a diff T?
Euathlus sp Green femur and Euathlus sp Blue femur used to be sold as Pulcherimaklaasi (Blue/Green)

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Pulcherimaklaasi is the old name they were moved from, unless you have a diff T?
Euathlus sp Green femur and Euathlus sp Blue femur used to be sold as Pulcherimaklaasi (Blue/Green)
I got all three at the same time, Marked as Eauthlus Sp Green Femur Beauty. E sp blue and Eauthlus pulcherimaklaasi .

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I got all three at the same time, Marked as Eauthlus Sp Green Femur Beauty. E sp blue and Eauthlus pulcherimaklaasi .
Does the E. Pulcherimaklaasi appear different? There have been quite a bit of T's that have been confused with each other

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Does the E. Pulcherimaklaasi appear different? There have been quite a bit of T's that have been confused with each other
It's a sling at the moment , so
It's a job to tell
, but when I've looked I've noticed it spends a lot of time near the top of its deli cup .

Deb60

Arachnosquire
LOL yeah hurry up and wait....time will tell.
Maybe I've got myself an aborerial species by mistake ! It will be my first one if it is . It's abit strange that the breeder was still using the old name plus the new as well . Would have anything to do with the fact that I live in the U.K. ?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Maybe I've got myself an aborerial species by mistake ! It will be my first one if it is . It's abit strange that the breeder was still using the old name plus the new as well . Would have anything to do with the fact that I live in the U.K. ?
Very possible on that, maybe ask the breeder what the significant differences are for what they sold them as.
Here are two threads that cover some of the confusion regarding these in the past.
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/euathlus-pulcherrimaklaasi-care-sheet.18095/
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/homoeomma-sp-blue-vs-euathlus-pulcherrimaklassi-please-help.263683/