eating an hour before molting

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
Well the title basically set this question up. My 4" female Subfusca just snatched a cricket seriously about an hour ago and ate for about 15 20 minutes then just dropped it. I fell asleep immediately after that and woke up a half later to my female surrounded in ebbing that wasn't there before and on her back. I know she's molting seeing as how just earlier this afternoon my "male" molted into a female lowland. lol but back to my question. Can this prove harmful considering she just ate? She is not unnerved either she eats at least every two days.

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

She made it! And absolutely gorgeous!!! =D

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she might have jus needed a little boost of fluids before she molted.....i have seen this with avics(slings/juvies)....never noticed with my poeci's....i dont usually try to feed them well in heavy premolt:?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
she might have jus needed a little boost of fluids before she molted.....i have seen this with avics(slings/juvies)....never noticed with my poeci's....i dont usually try to feed them well in heavy premolt:?
my P.ornata did it frequently.

I know that RobC has seen it with some of his as well.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
I had no clue she was even inpremolt. She didn't show any of the "signs" of being in premolt. It was the same shock as my "male highland" molted into a female "lowland" but he/she was rejected food for about a week. She made it through ok her back right leg down by her pad is crooked so I'm thinking she got a little stuck. But she's up and moving around as I type this.=) she's not even walking weird so this should pose no problem and correct itself next molt right?

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

my P.ornata did it frequently.

I know that RobC has seen it with some of his as well.
What do you think makes them do it mate? I was thinking maybe they just need a little nudge to get the old exoskeloton moving. Lol