Eat a lot

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Do Curly Hair Tarantula (Brachypelma albopilosum) eat a lot? Because I just brought mine home last night (because i had it delivered to my job at 10am in the morning and i didnt leave my job until 10:30pm that night) and since last night up to now he / she has ate 2 -3 crickets....Do they eat a lot or was it just really hungry because when botar was sending her / him he didnt want it to feed it because of the trip???

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Due to the way dealers run, with so many spiderlings, none are fed full. So when they arrive, (unless they refuse from the stress of shipping) most new arrivals will eat a whole lot.
Plus, B. albo do tend to be quite the pigs.

-Sean

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when reaching 3" my male Albo suddenly took a serious turn down foodlane. He's no pouncing madly on anything I serve him. Like the rest of my 2-3" males. He doesn't differ at all in apetite compared to the P. Cancerides, A. Geniculata or L. Parahybanas I have in that size and gender.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes they can be pigs in the way of eating lol and i think it must have been very hungry any way but they are a good ( t ) to keep i love them :8o :8o :8o :8o LOL +++ phil

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, my 6 year old female will only eat a couple crickets per month now. She is still huge at about 6 inches and bulky. One of my spider presentation T's.