Easy to keep Drawf Tarantulas

14pokies

Arachnoprince
are those docile though
Never had a threat pose so I wouldn't say they are defensive. No tarantula is docile and all can be unpredictable..

For example today my normally defensive L.parahybana was very calm and my normally calm G.porteri was very defensive..

Deb60

Arachnosquire
Never had a threat pose so I wouldn't say they are defensive. No tarantula is docile and all can be unpredictable..

For example today my normally defensive L.parahybana was very calm and my normally calm G.porteri was very defensive..
Yes I know what you mean , I'm always aware of this , so far I've been lucky as in the six months I've had Ts I've never come across it just yet .

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Cyclosternum is still a valid genus. Some of the changes were that C. fasciatus and C. pentalore are considered junior synonyms of Davus pentaloris and the true Davus fasciatus has never actually been in the hobby. The paper by Ray Gabriel also shows 4 different abdominal patterns of D. pentaloris.

Revised taxonomic placement of the species in
the Central American genera Davus O. Pickard-
Cambridge, 1892, Metriopelma Becker, 1878, and
Schizopelma F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897, with
comments on species in related genera (Araneae:
Theraphosidae)
Ray Gabriel
Thanks man

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
Try Euathlus sp. "Tiger" if you want something that's like your Eauthlus sp. Red, but different coloration or Dolichothele diamantinensis if you want a mini-GBB.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Cyclosternum is still a valid genus. Some of the changes were that C. fasciatus and C. pentalore are considered junior synonyms of Davus pentaloris and the true Davus fasciatus has never actually been in the hobby. The paper by Ray Gabriel also shows 4 different abdominal patterns of D. pentaloris.

Revised taxonomic placement of the species in
the Central American genera Davus O. Pickard-
Cambridge, 1892, Metriopelma Becker, 1878, and
Schizopelma F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897, with
comments on species in related genera (Araneae:
Theraphosidae)
Ray Gabriel
Cyclosternum isn't sold anywhere here, only the D.pentaloris. D.fasciatus is also pretty much non-existent here. Don't know about the states though. But that was my motivation to use D.pentaloris instead. :)