Eastern Glossy Snake

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I went herping today and caught this guy. He was my redeeming catch after I slipped and dropped a prairie kingsnake as well as pulling a cottonmouth out of its crevice. :rolleyes: The glossy really likes to put his teeth marks in my hands {D Of course my friend laughed but I laughed harder when she was sprayed in the face by a bombardier beetle.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I went herping today and caught this guy. He was my redeeming catch after I slipped and dropped a prairie kingsnake as well as pulling a cottonmouth out of its crevice. :rolleyes: The glossy really likes to put his teeth marks in my hands {D Of course my friend laughed but I laughed harder when she was sprayed in the face by a bombardier beetle.
those glossys are really great snakes:clap: got sprayed in the face by a bombardier!?:eek: i bet she felt "good" after that{D

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry I have no camera except my 35mm with b&w film. I also captured a Texas Rat snake that day. Little brat bit me about six times but he was only 2ft so I took his dignity away by laughing at him {D We identified the bombardier as fiery searchers. We kept three and watching them eat meal worms is kick.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the fiery searchers are great pred.beetles ive got afew aswell, but that stink they let out:eek: oooooooooooh very nasty,i try not to disturb mine,or they'll stink me.{D

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I love how they eat. It was funny because one had grabbed a meal worm and flipped on his back while another laid on top of the first beetle to eat the same meal worm. Really cute when they do that {D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:clap: yup mine do the same thing! sometimes 1 of them will stay that way upside down eating the the mealworm until it's finished{D

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I gave the three to my friend but now I might want some instead of some scarabs

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
they are awesome beetles:clap: and they will live alot longer than the scarabs:)

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think I'm going to go steal them {D Actually I know where to get a bunch so I'm going to go get me some. Do you breed yours?

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i tried too, had a bunch in a goodsized tank deep substrate,they mated alot,but never got any eggs, so the ones ive got now i keep them seperated,ive bred the smaller carabids with very good success, but i'm gonna try again with the searchers,it can't be that hard{D yeah it's definitly worth a shot at breeding these guys:)

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
They're just so awesome. They don't sit around like most ground beetles but run around like little maniacs all day. I'm sure you already know this {D but I'm excited about them.